I reinstated my klonopin please help everyone scaring me!!

[Cu...]

I was tapering and I got from 2mg daily down to 1.25mg over the course of some

Months I was doing well... my mom passed and I just had back to back panic attacks and 5 trips to the ER, in a week! So I reinstated yesterday and I feel

Much better but I absolutely want to get off, I’m

Just wondering why do people fear monger? NOT in this forum but in others I’ve been told

If I try to wean again I will be in horrible condition, I will not be able to do it, I’m at a larger risk for seizures... is this really true please help!

I can relate, don't know what to tell you. I am freaking out 24/7 for almost nothing and everything at the same time. Everything is a trigger and race my anxiety and fear. But I notice that when I go for a walk and do my sport and yoga (I do it almost every day), my mind is busy and I am less triggered. But still... I can barely being around people. Some days are better than other, for exemple today I was incapable to see anyone but Friday I went to the restaurant with a friend, I was anxious but I managed. I try to push myself to get my brain use to a normal life style, don't know if it help or not because usually if I do something and force too much, seems that I pay it for days after... I cannot help you with taper because I cold turkey :(

I am sorry for what you are going through. From my personal experience, it is possible to get off Klonopin with patience and slowly. I have tapered klonopin twice , in 2013 and in 2017 . From 1.5 -2 mg, and was off it for 3 years with no problem. I used the liquid tapered from this forum. I always made sure I was stabilized before starting lowering my doses and kept going so hang in there and do it with patience.

Panic attacks are pretty common in WDs and when we have them our benzo brains always tell us the worsts things that can happen. It's because glutamate is running wild (an excito-neurotransmitter that gives us the fight or flight response). Seizures are pretty rare. I don't think you need to worry about that.

The best thing imo would be to hold at your dose until you get stable. Then you might want to consider a cross over to Valium as it has a longer half life and is easier to taper.