Need an advice on Direct taper!

[...]

Hi there!

I started withdrawing from 10 mg Valium from

August 26,2020 using direct taper method. I have 5mg tablet so I started quartering 5mg pill, reducing it by 1.25mg which is little over the recommended 10%. I am at this dose now. The first two nights sleep was rough, tossing, turning, vivid dreams, and not feeling refreshed. Significant to note my mood was better prior to starting the taper process! I think I was in tolerance withdrawal but didn’t realize it until I read others posts. Anyway fast forward, I had two ok nights with better sleep followed by four nights of profuse sweating . Sweat went away and I had several nights where I felt I was making progress. But then I was hit again with restless sleep which is annoying/bothersome. I think it may due to the way I am splitting the pill. I am using a pill cutter and i don’t think I am making the same cut every time. I feel some nights I am cutting more or less and that is making things complicated for me. Quartering and getting the right dose every time is hard for me. I would greatly appreciate it if those of you who did a similar taper could share with me useful method of cutting the pill so I get the some dosage cut every time. Also, anything that helped  with sleep. The good thing is that , with all this, my mood doesn’t seem to be bad expect with irritation. Thanks for your assistance. Thanks

A lot of people purchase an inexpensive milligram scale.  The Gem20 is pretty popular.  It's under $25 (Amazon).

With the scale, you'll be able to taper more precisely.  You could (for example) do a 5% cut instead of a 12.5% cut.

I want to add that sometimes our symptoms can change without us doing anything different, they'll wax and wane, some will leave only to be replaced by something just as awful, then return.  But I agree with badsocref that a scale will afford you a much better method of reducing your dose.