Please help me, confused, but very eager!

[on...]

Hello.  I've read the post, but still find I'm in need of help from the community!  I'm a 69yo guy.

So, I'll give you the information that hopefully I can get direct replies to and then I can follow them.

I've been on 1mg of Klonopin for approx. 2 years.  I take .5mg in morning and .5mg in the evening (usually around 1-2 hours before bedtime).  My psychiatrist tried having me on a "reduce by 25%, 2-3 days a week schedule", that was really bad.

I'd like to follow the 10% reduction guidelines, every 2-3 weeks, using a Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20g x 0.001g.

What is the Formula to do the reduction? And how is that applied when weighing the pills on the scale? Then, how do you use the formula to continue to reduce by the next 10%?  Actual examples sure would help me, as well.  I understand it may have to be adjusted, based on my own reaction.

I also take Ambien 10mg at bedtime and figure that might be OK for now, as I taper from the Klonopin.  Thoughts?

The other question I have is about the best Milligram Scale.  I've seen 2 of them listed on YouTube videos, that are available from Amazon.  I assume the "more expensive one", must be better, but need your opinion, here as well, please.  I'm OK  spending the extra money, if it's a better scale.

Here they are;  [nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1[/nobbc] 

and

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESHDGOI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1OXMGBNNDVO3Y&psc=1[/nobbc]

OR, are there other "better" recommendations for a Scale?

Has anyone used CBD Hemp Oil to help get thru the process?  I currently take Ashwagandha 1300mg, a day.

FOLKS,  PLEASE help get me on this path.  As many of you found, it's so important to me!  Even with the anxiety of Covid, getting this drug out of my system is crucial.

THANK YOU for your help and being here as a Community of folks who understand!

Edit: Deactivated commercial links.

To calculate pill weights, simply multiply your most recent weight times how much of your dose you're retaining.  A 10% cut means you're retaining 90%.  So you'd multiply your most recent pill weight (an average intact pill to begin with) times 0.90.  If you wanted to do a 5% cut instead, you'd retain 95%, so you'd multiply times 0.95.

The Gem-20 is a fine little scale for the money.  Obviously, there are more accurate (more expensive) scales out there, but there's probably no need.  Use it properly, and it should do a good job for you.

There are various CBD threads that you can read thru.  Just do a search.

Most members who take both Ambien and benzo's will taper from the benzo first then tackle the Ambien after things have settled down, glad you're not thinking of tapering both at the same time.

You can search for CBD on this board.  Alternative Therapies & Supplements

Keep asking questions, we'll help you figure this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello OneDay,

I'm new here as well, 2nd week. Just saying hello and want share that I'm doing an ambien taper. Glad to see you won't combine your tapers.

I am building a bedtime routine, something I didn't feel willing to do before. I'm turning off computer/tv screens earlier in the evening, keeping lights low, stretching, bathing, reading The Ashton Manual, then when I get in bed I'm having the intention to be meditative, with some relaxing breathing and thoughts of nice things and have found that singing is enjoyable. And I'm walking daily. I want to get well.

Wishing you success in your transition.  :thumbsup: I'm mad but grateful to find out what these meds do to us.

K