Dipped in menthol (totally freaking out please help)

[Me...]

It seriously feels like my entire body has been dipped in menthol. Or rubbed in icy hot.

I have weird cold sensations traveling around. One second my chin feels cold, then my throat, then my skin on my back and legs, then the inside of my ears. Wtf?

I’ve actually never had this symptom so for it to appear at 30 months is terrifying. Is this withdrawal?

Like I’m seriously so scared. I took a hot shower and the feeling went away for a few minutes but now it’s back. Clearly it’s nerve related....nothing actually feels cold to the touch.

I get these a lot and even more with A/D withdrawals than benzos.

The waves rush over my body repeatedly and I am freezing cold.  It is similar to the chills when hit with food poisoning but without the typical accompanying fever.  Sort of a whole body electrical storm with nerve endings firing off and I am registering their signals as a cold sensations that occasionally feels hot.

During the most extreme portion of acute I was completely unable to tell the difference between touching something hot or cold.  I got some burns because the pain wasn't registering appropriately or even in the correct category.

I used to deal with that symptom a ton in Acute and it went away. After 1 dose of Keflex it came back and lasted for like 2 months it’s form again. For em it literally felt like a ice pack sitting on my skin it’s so weird for sure. Don’t freak out it will go away eventually.

That’s godismyhope - what triggered them this far out was me taking propranolol. But I only took it a few times, and stopped it almost 2 months ago. I don’t believe propranolol even has protracted withdrawal and I’m guessing it just triggered some benzo nerve irritation. They were really bad yesterday. Today is noticeably better knock on wood.

The only thing I did different yesterday was drink OJ. I don’t even know anymore. Like I’m convinced I’m healed and then I change something up and wham the symptoms come back.

I get burning acid sunburn lava stinging pressure in my brain in my scalp ears face arms and legs all the time but sometimes it morphs into wet or cold or even menthol. It’s one of my main symptoms. I’m 17 months off. It’s definitely psych med damage.