Sick smell about you during WD?

[su...]

This may seem a bizarre topic but I have to inquire as it’s bothering me. Wondering if anyone else has experienced having a sick/off smell about them during the withdrawal process?  During the beginning of my Dr’s directed taper (which was way too fast but I didn’t know it at the time), both my eldest daughter and my husband made note that I had a sick smell.  Those were nightmare days I don’t want to relive, and while it’s certainly been no picnic as of late, I’m managing much better, having some breaks here and there.  Evidently though that smell came back last night briefly when I experienced a terrible wave—my husband commented on it when it got really bad last night.  I assure you it’s not a cleanliness/hygiene issue.  Out of curiosity, wondering if this is something others have experienced where those close to you have commented on it?  What is it?  The meds metabolizing out (at such low mg. right now this perplexes me)?  Or is it just my body’s warning signal that things are definitely not right/okay? 

Yeah I think it’s definitely a thing, is an unusual smell, and it’s similar to what I’ve noticed at the end of a multi day alcohol party bender.. clearly not good

I have noticed that but no one else seems to so I wondered if it was in my head. I’m a clean freak and shower twice a day but hate that smell. I don’t notice it all the time and I also wondered if my perceptions were altered because of withdrawals. My sense of taste is definitely altered.

The fact that others notice the smell seems to indicate that it is a real thing.

Yes, my sense of smell and taste (chemical/metallic like taste in mouth all the time now) is off as well, so I didn’t know.  Husband said it was a hospital smell and daughter said it was just a sick smell—no matter how many times I showered/bathed.  It’s really the least of my worries but bizarre for sure.   

I had this too for a couple of months.  It was pretty unpleasant - fortunately for me my spouse has a poor sense of smell!  I was fastidious about bathing but it made no difference.  It gradually faded away with other withdrawal symptoms.

It's an embarrassing problem which is probably one reason why people don't talk about it much on BB.  But it also seems like a very weird withdrawal symptom  - perhaps a scientist could explain why on earth would withdrawal cause body odor?  The more I learn about withdrawal the more I see there's an astonishing variety of withdrawal symptoms.

Yes to the smell!  I have fear sweat smell for the first time in my life.

And OMG - Sunshine 75!  The metallic taste as well.  You are the first one I have heard with this.  I have actually talked to my doctor about it.  The metallic taste is being reported by those who are post Covid long-haulers.  So that is something to think about.  I had a terrible Covid like flu this spring - but no testing was available at the time.  Maybe it has been benzo w/d after all. 

i not only have the smell (like rotten milk amd vinegar) but i also was covered in sores not zits but purple lesions full of blood and pus (sorry). i asked my new dr about them and he looked st the list of meds i was tortured with and he was like 'yeah...our bodies are made to handle these chemicals like theyve given you". now the sores are leaving but the scars remain