Can those who suffer from DP describe how it feels like?

[4c...]

I am losing it i am soooo sick DP extreme!

I dont feel real I am a ghost

My mind is blank

I have no inner voice

When I move i cant understand its my body

I dont recognize myself in the mirror

I feel like I am someone else

I feel like I am mute

I feel like I dont have any memories or those I have feels not lile mine

Existensial thoughts

Racing thoughts OCD

Its quite in my head

No hunger no feelings not even scared or anxiety

I have visual disturbance

Feel disconnected from body parts

But strange I function normal when I talk or do stuff but robot autopilot feeling

I am totally aware of all this that something is wrong its not psychosis

Hi

Mine kind of feels like things around me are "unfamiliar" and "not the way I remember them"

Mine has accompaning woozyiness, foggy heavy headed feeling

DR is a protection mecanism, usually as a result of hyper awareness, arousal anxiety,,,,you are aware of being aware and questioning everything

for me its always there to some degree, sometimes better than others

heres some things I do for distraction

andriod phone, download brave browser, set to desktop mode so you can lock phone and put in your pocket

put in my head phone and create hours of playlists of all topics, during the day sift through for distraction

this stuff is brutal, but it will get better, it just takes a long time for some

hang in there

you are not alone by far

xo

Hi

Mine kind of feels like things around me are "unfamiliar" and "not the way I remember them"

Mine has accompaning woozyiness, foggy heavy headed feeling

DR is a protection mecanism, usually as a result of hyper awareness, arousal anxiety,,,,you are aware of being aware and questioning everything

for me its always there to some degree, sometimes better than others

heres some things I do for distraction

andriod phone, download brave browser, set to desktop mode so you can lock phone and put in your pocket

put in my head phone and create hours of playlists of all topics, during the day sift through for distraction

this stuff is brutal, but it will get better, it just takes a long time for some

hang in there

you are not alone by far

xo

Yes thats DR i have that too my husband is a stranger. My home feels,strange. Places too.  The symptoms above is mpre depersonalization. I have both its exhausting! Thanks for responding to me.

But get slammed by this 35 months off...I have had DP since may 2018 but not this bad.  I have many stressful moments PAWS always and now personal burnout atm

Sun, I can relate to your symptoms.  I don't know who I am anymore.  Do you look at some of your belongings and not recognize them like they aren't yours?  I do.  Do you have trouble talking?  I do.  I stutter and then go mute. 

It seems like I'm learning to be me again.  I have been pretty blank, shut down for a long time.  I'm working on coming out of it with slow but meaningful progress.  I'll be dead  :sick: by the time I work this out.  I'm still hell anxious.  Hyper aware. 

My DP makes me feel outside of everything.  Looking at the external world, but unable to access or act upon it.  Distanced from everything. 

Must say I'm not letting it freak me out so much now.  I accept, and try to see through.  Glimpses.  I don't rush it, kind to myself. 

Giving up benzo's and getting through this is the best thing we could have done for ourselves.  Both have taught me enormous lessons. 

Sun, I can relate to your symptoms.  I don't know who I am anymore.  Do you look at some of your belongings and not recognize them like they aren't yours?  I do.  Do you have trouble talking?  I do.  I stutter and then go mute.

Yes I have I stutter too. Dont find words either. Not my things but photos of me nooo nooo its not me. I cant believe it bc "she" looks normal and I dont feel normal. And i have no "face" i am gone.

It seems like I'm learning to be me again.  I have been pretty blank, shut down for a long time.  I'm working on coming out of it with slow but meaningful progress.  I'll be dead  :sick: by the time I work this out.  I'm still hell anxious.  Hyper aware. 

My DP makes me feel outside of everything.  Looking at the external world, but unable to access or act upon it.  Distanced from everything. 

Must say I'm not letting it freak me out so much now.  I accept, and try to see through.  Glimpses.  I don't rush it, kind to myself. 

Giving up benzo's and getting through this is the best thing we could have done for ourselves.  Both have taught me enormous lessons.

Its terrifying! I am.lost

Sun, do you think you need to get another appt. with a neurologist so they can run more tests?  Sounds like a brain thing.  Talking is actually painful for me now and the less I talk the better. 

Sun, do you think you need to get another appt. with a neurologist so they can run more tests?  Sounds like a brain thing.  Talking is actually painful for me now and the less I talk the better.

I have read so much it is "only" Dr dp i have. Every symptom is a part in dissociatiom. I have loss self totally. Really scared I will get dissociation identity disorder. Gonna see doctor next monday. Cant get a earlier meeting.

Keep us posted about what the doc says.  I have alot of the same symptoms that you have.  I was diagnosed with Lupus, Thrombophilia, Tachycardia, Memory Impairment, Amnesia and Stuttering.

Keep us posted about what the doc says.  I have alot of the same symptoms that you have.  I was diagnosed with Lupus, Thrombophilia, Tachycardia, Memory Impairment, Amnesia and Stuttering.

I promise I will.  Today my thoughts feels disconnected from myself. Like fake or unreal. Like I am split into 2. I know this is DP my thoughts feels also automatic strange feeling. Scary

If my psychatrist refuse me to see a psychologist (is that the word for it? Blank mind here.) and get help to ground myself when be so disconnected I will ask for a second opinion to another doctor. She must help me. Cant live like this...

I always say that I don't know how I'll get through another day of my life.

Me too, said not one more day like this now its brutal. Its too much

This is the worst thing I’m going through too. I can’t even explain how I feel, I just can’t put it into words other than I feel disconnected, f’ed up vision, don’t feel real. I am now 10 months. I hope I don’t have another two years. Stay strong. You have gotten this far. You can do it, we can do it.

Sun, sorry you're feeling so bad.  I am too all the time.  I wish my stomach would stop hurting all the time and I wish I didn't have so much responsibility on me to deal with.

I even saw a video on Youtube of a person who was showing what DP looked like.  I guess they had the camera do different things to make it look like DP.

Sun, sorry you're feeling so bad.  I am too all the time.  I wish my stomach would stop hurting all the time and I wish I didn't have so much responsibility on me to deal with.

I saw my doctor today. I am gonna do another EEG again and also MRI to see if white matter mass changes has worsen and if EEG will be the same worse or better

She says its severe DR DP but caused by brain damage. She say uts organic caused not mental but i dont know what to believe.

I have several mental trauma incl severe stress from benzo too. Alot is going on up there in my brain. My tumor wont cause this. Its to small and only can effect balance and hearing

My DP is extreme atm. I dont know who i am anymore

I think I've got brain lesions or something going on.  I have severe movement problems too and have mini seizures all the time.  I start making weird noises and my arms start moving like I can't stop them.  I have alot of external stress on me all the time and I can't deal with my life now. 

I think I've got brain lesions or something going on.  I have severe movement problems too and have mini seizures all the time.  I start making weird noises and my arms start moving like I can't stop them.  I have alot of external stress on me all the time and I can't deal with my life now.

I got this strange feeling like a "wave" build up in my brain. I was told from my doctor that is focal seizures right away I get DR reallt bad and sound is weird and very unpleasnt feeling in my stomach. I also get deja vu its also signs of seizures.