Not sure what to do

[Ha...]

So I've messed up, thought I'd cracked it and mental symptoms were a thing of the past. Then I committed the cardinal sin and had a drink. You guessed it, back in acute, I can't take it anymore, currently sat outside the emergency psych clinic, I know the only thing they will do is give me a benzo, which I'm actually considering taking. I live on my own in another country from my family, I don't know whether to fly home and stay with my parents, but I don't want them to worry as they are in their 70“s.

What do I do?

Just because you had a drink, doesn't mean you will have a long setback.  Some people feel better quicker and others don't.  I hope the drink doesn't mess up your recovery that much.  What symptoms are you having that made you go the the psych clinic? 

These darn pills.  I know your pain all too well, I am so sorry you are suffering.  You will feel better soon. 

I am in a wave of symptoms myself, it is so painful and I am just so sorry you are not in a good way either.  We will be okay...the only way out is through.

Sending love and prayers

Fiercey

Do NOT take a benzo if you don't plan on reinstating. If you feel bad now, after rescue dose it's going to feel worse. My taper was smooth, but I got a host of symptoms, symptoms I never even dreamt of having, when I took rescue doses for only two days. It's been two months now and I still didn't return to where I was before.