What generic Klonopin are you using and works best for you?

[li...]

I am thinking of changing from Solco to the new Teva that came back because my body is going haywire with Solco. I want to stabalize myself before my taper. I heard it isnt as strong as the old formula. Solco is very strong n my system but only with food and it isnt consistent in metabolizing in my body

Hello, lila7.

I see you are a relatively new member so may not have discovered the Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group. Starting with the following post on Page 148 of the thread and reading forward, you will find posts from members about their experiences with the “new” Teva:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204645.msg2998025#msg2998025

If you do decide to switch your generic manufacturer, please bear the following in mind:

My understanding is that for most drugs, whether brand or generic, the FDA allows the concentration of active ingredient to vary from a minimum of 90% to a maximum of 110% of the labeled amount.  The FDA also allows the bioavailability of a generic drug to vary from the brand drug anywhere from a minimum of 80% to a maximum of 125%. Although some individuals are not sensitive to such differences, others are. 

Moving forward, if possible, it is best is to stay with the same manufacturer (either brand or generic) throughout the taper.  If you do decide to switch, consider treating the switch as a change in dose (reduction or increase).  Hold all other variables constant (e.g. do not make a reduction, do not change your dosing schedule, do not start other drugs or supplements).  Allow adequate time (in the case of clonazepam, this might be 7-12 days depending on how you metabolize the drug) for your body to adjust to the change.

Hello, lila7.

I see you are a relatively new member so may not have discovered the Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group. Starting with the following post on Page 148 of the thread and reading forward, you will find posts from members about their experiences with the “new” Teva:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204645.msg2998025#msg2998025

If you do decide to switch your generic manufacturer, please bear the following in mind:

My understanding is that for most drugs, whether brand or generic, the FDA allows the concentration of active ingredient to vary from a minimum of 90% to a maximum of 110% of the labeled amount.  The FDA also allows the bioavailability of a generic drug to vary from the brand drug anywhere from a minimum of 80% to a maximum of 125%. Although some individuals are not sensitive to such differences, others are. 

Moving forward, if possible, it is best is to stay with the same manufacturer (either brand or generic) throughout the taper.  If you do decide to switch, consider treating the switch as a change in dose (reduction or increase).  Hold all other variables constant (e.g. do not make a reduction, do not change your dosing schedule, do not start other drugs or supplements).  Allow adequate time (in the case of clonazepam, this might be 7-12 days depending on how you metabolize the drug) for your body to adjust to the change.

Thanks so much Libertas  :smitten:

You are most welcome, lila7.  If you have not already done so, you can also use the Search function (located in the main navigation bar at the upper left of your screen) to find posts containing the terms Solco, Teva, clonazepam, and Klonopin.