I’m jumping from zopiclone

[Sh...]

I’ve decided I need to jump. I’m only on 1.87mg zop, hardly working getting 3 hours on a good night. I’m gunna need my z drug buddies and insomniacs mtfan, aloha, theway. Please give me courage. I need to turn a corner. This isn’t living

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [La...]

• [...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to me has broken my heart. It has taken everything from me. I don’t even see myself in the mirror anymore. My smile has gone, my eyes are empty. I want my life back

Hey Shayna, I wish you didn't have to struggle so badly. You don't deserve it, you really don't  :wacko:

Are you sure it's right to jump now? I don't think that will fix your sleep. I'm a bit worried that if you go too soon, you'll reinstate out of desperation and have to stabilise and taper. If you do this, it'll take you longer than if you can just wait.

Hi Diaz x thanks so much for your reply xx but wait for what? I’m not stabilizing after a week. It just feels like I’m prolonging the inevitable. I haven’t been stable the entire time really. The less I drop zop the worse sleep gets. I can’t keep taking it hoping it will change, it’s not going to

gosh Shayna...you're between a rock and a hard place. Been there..when the meds not working (mine went paradoxical)and you're living in anguish daily..but going too quick can be problem too. Only you can decide whats right for you.

You've come so far - really! When I look at your signature its amazing! Just remember this is a marathon - not a sprint (I know you don't want to hear that..).

If you jump off the "Z", do not do anything to the valium for awhile.

Have you ever tried hydroxyzine? Some ppl have used it to help with sleep when coming off the meds. Its a non addictive antihistamine that kinda knocks you out - but you can feel a bit foggy the next day.

Just an idea. I feel for you. this process can be so rough - but possible - bc others have come through it:)

Yes I’m going to keep the Valium and increase the dose. Depression is starting to take over again. As soon as I wake up, if I sleep, I just feel sadness. Would that be the Valium?

Yes I’m going to keep the Valium and increase the dose. Depression is starting to take over again. As soon as I wake up, if I sleep, I just feel sadness. Would that be the Valium?

Yes it's probably the sedating effects of Valium although WD from Z could also be a factor. It will go away after awhile. How's your sleep?

Shayna, this may be unsolicited advice, but I had to get rid of my Ambien (zopiclone) and I did it by NOT jumping from it, NOR substituting valium for it, but gradually reducing it. (I think we've talked about this before). Why can't you try something similar? If it's not helping you sleep, then all it's doing for you is giving you a variety of rotten s/x. Eliminating it altogether is what I would do if I were you. I would figure out a taper schedule -- do cut and hold -- that isn't too drastic and get rid of the da**ed drug. Tapering gradually isn't rocket science -- just cut a little each week, for example. It worked for me and I felt a whole lot better once I was done with my zop.

Jumping? I think you've been on here long enough to realize that CT anything is not a good idea. Why shock your system?

As for the depression -- valium causes that in many people. You may be one of them. Why on earth would you add more valium and increase your risk of more depression?

Regarding sleep "aids", there are many things you could try. Hydroxyzine (vistaril) is something I tried and it works pretty well. But there are certainly others.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. I understand you want your life back -- Lordy, we all did/do -- but imo CTing your Z drug will not help.

As for the sadness, yeah, that could be the valium, but it could also be your genuine feelings about this whole life-stealing process, and not something that is the result of a drug.  I was sad and pi**ed off for a long time about the pieces of my life that I'd lost, and talking about it with my therapist was a great help.

Anyhow, best to you,

Katz

Hi Katz I know we have spoken before, I was reducing zop slowly, every 2 weeks and i am taking 1/4 of a tablet now, it’s a crumb, so I’m not jumping from too far. We don’t have hydroxizine in Australia as far as I know, I am getting 2-3 hours sleep on a good night, and that’s not every night. I can’t see how reducing again is going to help that either. I know u are all trying to help and I do appreciate it. But Katz when did u stop Ambien? There would have been a point u jumped too. I’m sorry but sometimes I forget who has said what as I am getting so little sleep my memory is terrible

Yes it's probably the sedating effects of Valium although WD from Z could also be a factor. It will go away after awhile. How's your sleep?

Still waking after a couple of hours.

Ps I hope my replies don’t sound nasty I don’t mean to be short. It’s just difficult because some people say jump, some people say co, some people say reduce to dust. All I know is I want to get off this crazy train and get my natural sleep back as soon as possible. I have a family who needs me.

I'm glad you clarified that you're keeping the Valium. I thought you were jumping off benzos altogether based on your post, which is why I hoped you wouldn't jump from Zopiclone. Please ignore my earlier post which was based on this wrong assumption.

How is your depression affecting you? Are you still taking care of yourself? If you can make yourself do one thing above everything else, let it be making the healthiest meals with the freshest ingredients possible. Do the best you can, I mean. Don't feel guilty when you can't, just try when you can. I was severely depressed for months at a time between 2017-18 especially. It got so bad like I wasn't brushing my teeth and I was buying takeaway food even when I had ready meals that I could prepare more quickly. Can you imagine how those things could be too much effort? I only realised how bad it was when I was thinking about it recently. Like I knew it wasn't good at the time but in hindsight it's really tragic what became normalised in my life. I had a lesser but still bad bout of depression last year but this time I wasn't living alone in almost squalor and I made myself cook good meals at least half the days.

Right now I'm really on a healthy eating (low carbs, no refined sugars, no processed foods, drinking water and tea) kick and while I still get my physical symptoms and I feel slow and get fatigued easily in body and mind, I also feel sound emotionally. Like, better than at any other point since 2013 probably. If it wasn't for the need to push pills, somebody would have suggested that doctors help a patient tweak their nutritional intake in a way that may help with their condition before using a psychotropic sledgehammer to crack a walnut. I hope you're eating the best you can is all because my experience is it helps a lot.

I hope I haven't added to the confusion. I think it's not at all obvious what the best thing to do is, hence the mixed responses. This doesn't mean there are no good options, just more than one possible way to go. So my view is you've heard a lot of opinions and understand the different possibilities and you have a preference for this way, so go for it. It could get worse before it gets better but I hope it's not too bad for you.

Thanks Diaz. I don’t want to sound grumpy everyone on here has been so lovely to me and I appreciate it, I think sometimes because it’s typed and not spoken it sounds like I’m being argumentative and I’m not, just asking questions. If u saw how much zop I am taking it is tiny.

https://usa.exportersindia.com/rockcoastals/imovane-tablets-7-5mg-3706310.htm

These are as close as I can find to the ones I’m taking, so I’m taking 1/4 of one tablet, plus 1.5mg Valium.

My dr couldn’t believe me being worried about the Valium yesterday. She said it was nothing. I know we don’t always trust drs on here, but I’m sure she’s seen a lot worse hence her reaction.

The most I will up Valium will be max 3mg per Ashton Manual. That’s the plan anyway. Who knows maybe I’ll change my mind again before tomorrow. All I know is there are lots of people that jumped from 1/4 zop and their sleep was bad for a while then it got better.

Oh and sorry diaz, yes I do eat very healthy drink lots of water no coffee, I might have a scotch once in a blue moon but none for a few weeks now

Hi Shayna.

I guess I did "jump" from my Ambien when I couldn't cut the pill up any smaller. It was 1/8th approx of a 5 mg pill. As you say, a crumb. I calculated that it was .625 of Ambien/zolpidem. So if you "jump" from a tiny amount, imo (based on my experience with a similar z drug) that will probably be okay. I forget your dose. Sorry.

Do what you think is going to be best for you. We're all just flying bind here . . . what works for one person won't work for another. It's hard to figure it all out.  :-\

Best to you,

Katz

Thanks Katz x I guess I. Hold go to 1/8 but I just don’t think it will do anything except keep me in wd, I don’t know ur right we’re all flying blind. It sucks

Looks like you got some good advice Shayna. Katz has been around a long time and she knows what she's talking about. In the end, only you can make the decision. We can only give you suggestions.

One thought, you might want to taper to fumes and if it becomes unbearable you could always add the extra 1.5 mg Valium.

Hey Katz do you ever hear from Diaz-Pam?

No, JWL, I last PMd with her about two years ago. I imagine she's well and back working at her job full time. She was feeling pretty good last time we "spoke".

Katz

Looks like you got some good advice Shayna. Katz has been around a long time and she knows what she's talking about. In the end, only you can make the decision. We can only give you suggestions.

One thought, you might want to taper to fumes and if it becomes unbearable you could always add the extra 1.5 mg Valium.

Hey Katz do you ever hear from Diaz-Pam?

I’ve got so much good advice that’s the problem! Everyone’s suggestions sound good, but I think I’ll try to go to 1/8th and see how I go. Thanku all.

Shay I didn't taper to zero from my Z drug Ambien. I did as Katz did. I tapered to a crumb then jumped. I wanted to jump too early as well because I was paradoxical every time I took my dose. But you must do this the right way even though you're tired. All of the above posts are so right! At the end of the day, it's your choice. But know that each choice will have a different consequence. Everyone who jumpers too early has a bad consequence. Please keep in mind that even when you get to zero....that's also a hold. They're right, you don't want to have to reinstate.