CBD Oil Is Helping My Insomnia

[Bl...]

When I started my xanax tapering journey my doctor warned me that I would experience insomnia. 

Since my husband had been successfully taking 150 mg CBD for insomnia for a long time and I didn't want to take prescription sleeping pills,  I asked if she thought it would be safe for me to try.  (I take a number of medications for other health issues).  She said it would be okay.

I had tried CBD oil once before and didn't like how it made me feel in the daytime, so this time I decided to try a low dose (10 mg full-spectrum capsules) at bedtime.  So far it seems to be working well.  I've been able to go back to sleep when I wake up in the night - whereas when I usually wake up I lay there till the sun comes up. 

Anyone else have success with CBD?

It never worked for me and I tried it several times.

I am glad it works for you.

I don't need CBD oil, or any other OTC, natural or Rx drug for sleep.

I sleep pretty well pretty much every night now.

Good luck!

I need help with sleep. I don't understand 150mg vs. 10mg CBD oil!! That's great to read they're helping, am thinking of trying again. Have tried in the past ... is it measured in liquid drops? What didn't you like about it at first?

Also I've tried "Simpson's oil" for fibromyalgia. Would love to see if other people have more to share on this subject, guess we can search previous posts, etc.

im very interested in this please can you say what you took specifically, i am starting going to try medical cannabis next week high bcd low thc and im very nervous cause i have been sober for 4 years and im terrified of putting anything in my body after this whole ordeal.

im very interested in this please can you say what you took specifically, i am starting going to try medical cannabis next week high bcd low thc and im very nervous cause i have been sober for 4 years and im terrified of putting anything in my body after this whole ordeal.

I am thinking of also doing this. I  have never tried cannabis and Im terrified of trying anything.  I am still holding my dose and wanting to be able to get some relief before tapering.  What ratio of cbd vs thc do you think to try? Its so confusing too many choices and strains to try.

I am thinking of also doing this. I  have never tried cannabis and Im terrified of trying anything.  I am still holding my dose and wanting to be able to get some relief before tapering.  What ratio of cbd vs thc do you think to try? Its so confusing too many choices and strains to try.

lol im wondering exactly the same. Here in Australia its so new that there are not choices at the moment. I will get a list though and ask for help from ppl on here. Id be more than happy to compare notes as we go through this. I hate going through scary new stuff like this alone. glad im not the only one  :-[ :-[ :-[

It would be good to have a "Starting out with cannabis" support group here. Here in the UK, until very recently, weed was a drug that you smoked through a joint or a bong. Or someone makes brownies but that was like magic and nobody really did that. I knew there were different strains but I didn't know the significance. I'd never heard of a vaporizer and it's still really niche here. People think you mean the vape pens and aren't aware of dry herb vaporizers.

All of a sudden, it's gone from this simple thing "I'm going to try smoking weed" to "where the hell do I start?". It doesn't just depend on the effects you want but what other conditions you're managing as well as personal preference and how much you're willing to spend to start out. There's a Reddit group called vaporents that will help you choose a vaporizer, if you go that route.

Really it's about experimenting a little until you land on a combination that works for you. If you can afford it, I recommend sampling a few strains as a beginner. It's useful to understand off the bat that different strains can have quite different effects.

I don't use oil, personally. I vaporize ground bud. I usually use regular cannabis, sometimes quite high THC content but I've vaped high CBD hemp too and I know that's effective.

I believe that most people who use oil would administer it sublingually i.e. keeping it under the tongue for a couple of mins before swallowing. The effects should be somewhat comparable to vaporizing but not quite as immediate and not quite as efficient either. Vaporizing is the best way to make the same amount of material go further.

Many people are put off my inhaling vapours and I kinda get that. What I would say is unless you know the exact process by which the oil was made, there's a good chance the final product doesn't contain all the good stuff you'd get from the bud itself. Also, their may be some residual chemicals from the extraction process. It's not like you know exactly what's been applied to the buds either (unless you grow your own) but it should be a lot better on average. Bud's bud and your senses will give you a clue if something is wrong... you can't do too much to it and it still be bud... if that makes sense? You'd only need to take a few draws a day for medical use... it shouldn't irritate at all but if it does, you can actually pass the vapours through a bong to cool the vapour more.

I don't use oil, personally. I vaporize ground bud. I usually use regular cannabis, sometimes quite high THC content but I've vaped high CBD hemp too and I know that's effective.

I believe that most people who use oil would administer it sublingually i.e. keeping it under the tongue for a couple of mins before swallowing. The effects should be somewhat comparable to vaporizing but not quite as immediate and not quite as efficient either. Vaporizing is the best way to make the same amount of material go further.

Many people are put off my inhaling vapours and I kinda get that. What I would say is unless you know the exact process by which the oil was made, there's a good chance the final product doesn't contain all the good stuff you'd get from the bud itself. Also, their may be some residual chemicals from the extraction process. It's not like you know exactly what's been applied to the buds either (unless you grow your own) but it should be a lot better on average. Bud's bud and your senses will give you a clue if something is wrong... you can't do too much to it and it still be bud... if that makes sense? You'd only need to take a few draws a day for medical use... it shouldn't irritate at all but if it does, you can actually pass the vapours through a bong to cool the vapour more.

man thanks so much, its amazing how hard this stuff is to figure out online - way too much marketing and hipster crap. Like all the videos i see skip over this stuff like its second nature but theres actually alot of steps involved and they dont walk you through dosing or anything.

back at uni a friend who smoked said vaporizing was completely safe cause theres no combustion so no "smoking" so all the scary articles about smoking dont apply. but im still a bit worried about long term lung affects. i might start with vaping short term cause its simple and easy to dose and then try move to something a bit more healthy over long term like edibles.

are there health considerations to edibles that you know of? and can you turn oils into edibles or like how do i get to edibles, cause that doesnt seem to be an options, i can only get oils and dried flower in australia at the moment. its all very heavily regulated by the government here. USA and canada doesnt really seem to have government oversight or trust like we do.

Pinky

man thanks so much, its amazing how hard this stuff is to figure out online - way too much marketing and hipster crap. Like all the videos i see skip over this stuff like its second nature but theres actually alot of steps involved and they dont walk you through dosing or anything.

back at uni a friend who smoked said vaporizing was completely safe cause theres no combustion so no "smoking" so all the scary articles about smoking dont apply. but im still a bit worried about long term lung affects. i might start with vaping short term cause its simple and easy to dose and then try move to something a bit more healthy over long term like edibles.

are there health considerations to edibles that you know of? and can you turn oils into edibles or like how do i get to edibles, cause that doesnt seem to be an options, i can only get oils and dried flower in australia at the moment. its all very heavily regulated by the government here. USA and canada doesnt really seem to have government oversight or trust like we do.

Pinky

Hi pinky I’m in oz too I got this brand of cbd oil in Australia thru a naturopath but didn’t really do much, still not really sure I’m taking the right dosage. Last time I took it was in a wave so scared to try again.

https://communitybasedispensary.org/

I got full spectrum hemp oil

Pinky

Hi pinky I’m in oz too I got this brand of cbd oil in Australia thru a naturopath but didn’t really do much, still not really sure I’m taking the right dosage. Last time I took it was in a wave so scared to try again.

https://communitybasedispensary.org/

I got full spectrum hemp oil

Hey Shayna

Is that through the medical cannabis pathway???i thought only GP's could prescribe that. (for any Americans or Canadians, thats the family doctor or physician)

i really wish there was dispensaries here in oz where i could just ask a guy at a shop for the best strain for sleep. instead ive gotta go through the TGA like its heroin or something and its so tightly controlled. I envy the canadians at the moment, it seems so easy on there side.

It never worked for me and I tried it several times.

I am glad it works for you.

I don't need CBD oil, or any other OTC, natural or Rx drug for sleep.

I sleep pretty well pretty much every night now.

Good luck!

hey theway

even though it didnt work, did it make you WORSE? or cause a crash/wave?

Hey pinky, I didn’t get this from a gp, and no not medicinal pathway. I got it from a naturopath. I can find out who is able to buy it and let u know? I know it’s ridiculous we can’t access. I have heard indica is best for sleep I’m trying to get some imported by no one wants to ship as it’s illegal here.

hey shayna

yeah that would be great thankyou!, trying to learn as much as possible right now.

its so typical of australian government to go way overkill with government red tape and strangle it in the crib. Like its good enough for canada and usa the way it is, but not us?

it makes no sense.

Yeah i wouldnt buy online or import from overseas, especially if some states like qld, the laws are really draconian and old for cannabis in some states. if i was in ACT or NT maybe, cause its decriminalised, but not where i am at the moment, way too risky to go outside the legal medical cannabis option here unfortunately.

I have bought some from us and I live in qld, I’m not worried really I’d just get a slap in the wrist if I got caught, only a small amount. Let me get back to u about it anyway x

hey shayna

yeah that would be great thankyou!, trying to learn as much as possible right now.

its so typical of australian government to go way overkill with government red tape and strangle it in the crib. Like its good enough for canada and usa the way it is, but not us?

it makes no sense.

Yeah i wouldnt buy online or import from overseas, especially if some states like qld, the laws are really draconian and old for cannabis in some states. if i was in ACT or NT maybe, cause its decriminalised, but not where i am at the moment, way too risky to go outside the legal medical cannabis option here unfortunately.

Pinky, I’m in the US in a state where both CBD oil and recreational marijuana are legal. But In Idaho, the next state over, CBD oil is completely illegal.  A couple years ago before CBD was fully legal in California a grandma with arthritis who had taken her grandkids to Disneyland was arrested at Disneyland and taken to jail when they found CBD oil (not marijuana mind you) in her purse at the checkin. So sad.  She’s suing Disney.  So don’t know what your laws are there, but you should probably find out. Good luck!

Hey blessed hope

thanks for the heads up and concern

I understand which is why i looked up the laws and was mentioning it to shayna.

QLD is like the south in america, they're old school, very conservative. cannabis possession is theoretically highly punishable according to the law which is really old and out of date, but in practice, most people dont get the book thrown at them and are sent to some "counselling".

But for medical cannabis, Im pretty sure its completely legal across the country. its a federal thing.

Because my doctor, and pharmacist who will supply it, are all government regulated technically, cause we have a medicare for all government healthcare system. so im pretty sure im safe. but your right, i will seek legal advice just to be certain.

Hey blessed, how do you consume your medical cannabis? 

Thanks very much Blessed for explaining the huge range that can be tried...if I ever try it again I'll keep that in mind. By the time I get to the end of the discussion I can't remember what you said in reply to me or what I was going to say!! That's okay though, working hard right now!!!  8)

Maybe that’s why I can buy mine it’s made from hemp too x

Shayna,  the laws regarding CBD made from hemp are evolving everywhere. Hemp does not get you stoned as it contains less than .3% THC.  Even so, in the US there are 3 states where CBD oil derived from hemp is still outlawed.  Marijuana on the other hand is a different story.  It's  fully legal in I think only 13 states - but is allowed for medical purposes by prescription in all but a few.

Wow I didn’t realize not all states in us were legal. How confusing

• 1 month later...
Blessed Hope, I just now saw your response to what kind of CBD oil you use. I happened to have placed an order for Lazarus Naturals this past weekend! I'm hoping, praying it works. I need sleep! Thank you so much  :)