Please help!!!

[Ho...]

The last 6 days I’ve cut my clonazepam from .125 to .0625. I’ve been cutting pills so I know my dose isn’t completely accurate. But my withdrawal symptoms are pretty horrendous. And I’m wondering if I should just jump from this dose now? I was going to jump at .125 but decided to make one more cut.

Even though I want off this poison, I’m nervous about taking that last and final dose for some reason. Once people were off, did you find your symptoms got worse??? Or were about the same or what you were experiencing during tapering?? Any advice. Please! 

I definitely wouldn't jump. If you feel really bad, jumping will make you feel a whole lot worse. I made that mistake early in my taper when I cut a dose and felt bad so I figured I'd just cut another one since I already felt bad. That didn't work at all.

If you can hold, you could try to get stable at that dose. I am also worried about what happens when I get to the last small amounts. It's a tough thing to go through. Hopefully some people on clonazepam will weigh in. All I can really say is that even when I have felt absolutely horrible after cutting my dose, I almost always get some windows after a couple of weeks. It may be different when I get to the very end of the taper. My doc wants me to switch to liquid for the last part. Have you considered that? That way you can cut tiny little doses as opposed to the bigger cuts.

I agree with SRR. I totally understand the frustration to get off the poison but 0.125 is still a significant dose. It's small, but enough that it may lead to suffering on a level that nothing I say will help you understand unless you've been there before.

It's really common for the last bit of the journey to take a little while longer than we hoped. Nobody wants to slow down when the end is in sight but usually people who do are happy they made that decision. I'm two months clear of benzos and I have a few symptoms which restrict what I am able to do but I am not living in misery. I am doing well and have been ever since I became more cautious about how much I push things.

My recommendation is, if it is possible, stay on the dose you're taking now for a couple of weeks or more extra to what you scheduled. Then when you are feeling strong, decide whether you want to cut to 0.0625 and deal with some horrendous symptoms again or purchase jewellers scales or work out how to liquid taper so you can make smaller reductions. The big cut is risky but could work.

Glad you're so determined to get rid. It might not be an easy ride but if you want it enough, you're almost guaranteed to win in the end.  Just don't allow yourself to trip up cos you tried to go too fast. You can't do much to finish ahead of schedule but you can avoid things which will cause a delay, like shocking your nervous system by withdrawing too rapidly.

Good luck with the last bit of your withdrawal journey and enjoy your rebirth in the future. I can't say yet whether it's definitely worth it but I think it's a safe bet. :boxer:

I agree with SRR. I totally understand the frustration to get off the poison but 0.125 is still a significant dose. It's small, but enough that it may lead to suffering on a level that nothing I say will help you understand unless you've been there before.

It's really common for the last bit of the journey to take a little while longer than we hoped. Nobody wants to slow down when the end is in sight but usually people who do are happy they made that decision. I'm two months clear of benzos and I have a few symptoms which restrict what I am able to do but I am not living in misery. I am doing well and have been ever since I became more cautious about how much I push things.

My recommendation is, if it is possible, stay on the dose you're taking now for a couple of weeks or more extra to what you scheduled. Then when you are feeling strong, decide whether you want to cut to 0.0625 and deal with some horrendous symptoms again or purchase jewellers scales or work out how to liquid taper so you can make smaller reductions. The big cut is risky but could work.

Glad you're so determined to get rid. It might not be an easy ride but if you want it enough, you're almost guaranteed to win in the end.  Just don't allow yourself to trip up cos you tried to go too fast. You can't do much to finish ahead of schedule but you can avoid things which will cause a delay, like shocking your nervous system by withdrawing too rapidly.

Good luck with the last bit of your withdrawal journey and enjoy your rebirth in the future. I can't say yet whether it's definitely worth it but I think it's a safe bet. :boxer:

Hey! I didn't realize you were two months off! Congratulations! That's awesome!!!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks :). I kinda pushed myself lately for the first time in a while. I need to rest because my heart rate is up and I keep getting air hungry. It's not as bad as it sounds, I just know it's a sign to chill again. I don't feel like I'm on the cusp of a wave as long as I look after myself.