looking for emotional support from old or new friends

[Hy...]

Hi,

I was pretty active on here a few years ago as "chessplayer" - this was my buddie blog http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=134102.0

I got off the benzos after a long struggle, with help from people here. And I recovered and had a good couple of years that included a lot of travel. I left BB entirely for a while.

Now I'm back under a new identity. I'm not back on benzos but I'm having issues that make me feel like I did in benzo withdrawal. Anxiety, depression, sleep trouble. A lot of bad things in my life lately have me feeling really down. Also I think I am in trouble with a different drug now (cannabis) that I started using a lot in the past year and now I think I am having cannabis withdrawal.

Hoping to find some connections here like I did a few years ago. It's a great forum with a nice set of people. It helps sometimes just to have people to talk to. Reply or send PM.

Thanks,

Hypatia a.k.a. Chessplayer a.k.a. Richard

Hi there. Sorry about your setback.

Cannabis withdrawal can kick the crap out of me, too! When I am running out or ahead of a needed break (usually I make it so that these things coincide) I do make a point of using less for a couple of weeks prior to stopping. I don't taper in any formal way but I restrict the hours in which I allow myself to use cannabis and restrict the number of sessions in a day. Basically, I save it for sleep.

I have cold turkeyed from about 3 months of daily use, sometimes heavy, and oh boy did it make me irritable! Also, I never knew it possible to sweat so much on a night time... my shirt was almost wet enough to wring out some liquid! I didn't sleep much more than a couple of hours and that happened. Night sweating is quite common for cannabis withdrawal.

Even the worst cases of cannabis withdrawal are nothing compared to benzo withdrawal. If you've had a daily habit for a while, you might find you feel quite good after a week or so. I like cannabis but I also like feeling more energised when I take a break.

Mostly hits my sleep when I take a break (sleep is why I use the stuff).  I also get kind of grumpy (somewhat from the lost sleep).  Even a slight bit nauseous.  A week or so and I'm doing a lot better.  Much like benzo withdrawal, I try to keep busy until it passes.

Agreed - it's much easier than benzo withdrawal.

Hey...I use a few times a week, but I am cutting back as it seems to set off my anxiety randomly.

And hi! I am new to posting, though I registered by account years ago...decided this year was the time to finally get off these!