Intense brain fog and head pressure.. Anyone else experience?

[on...]

I've been using clonazepam on and off for the past 8 years... Mostly on. My dose would range anywhere from 8-12 mg during this time. My pattern would be to use for a 1-2 year period and then stop for several months. At around 6-7 months is when I typically relapse as the cognitive withdrawal effects become too much to live with. Today, I'm 2 months Benzo free and determined to push through this. I deal with a severe pressure deep in my skull with symptoms characteristic of what we call 'brain fog'. My short term memory is terrible, initiating a new task seems insurmountable, I struggle to speak and write eloquently (it's taken me months to construct a post), my listening skills are poor, my vision is blurry at times, and I'm constantly paranoid as to whether or not this is permanent. I know that I'm only 2 months into this but I'm terrified that the brain fog is something outside of Benzo withdrawal and potentially permanent.

Has anyone else experienced this during early withdrawal? If so, can you please note your experience or any insight into what I've described as it would be of tremendous support to me. Thank you and best wishes to all of those recovering from benzodiazepine addiction.

Hey One way ticket

well, I had tons of brain fog after the fact and yes short term memory loss as well, deep pressure in my head too and even on my forehead sounds weird but yeah it's a part of it, given time it will subside, I still have the short term memory loss I think the K did the damage to that but Hey I can live with it, and laugh on it crack jokes about it all the time and been living with it fine.. My hubby was on the K as well and well he has Long term memory loss, so I guess it works out well for us :laugh: ... LOL anyway the memory loss ain't no biggie and the head pressure and all the other SX goes away eventually so take heart!! Took me a year to feel  totally Normal… So take heart  you are on your way to a good recovery just don't give up :thumbsup: your Normal will be right around that corner ;) hang in there!!

I had head pressure and cog fog.  Both faded away after about 6 months for me. My memory isn't perfect but it has improved a lot.  I definitely have more mental clarity now. I have vocabulary words returning to me that I didn't have access to for the years I was using benzos. Gone also is the boaty feeling.  Like you I was terrified I would never recover.  It was benzo brain telling me lies filled with doom and gloom. 

Hang in there! And remember to look at Success Stories!