3rd day of completing c/o --getting slammed-- looking for support and advice

[Gr...]

This is my third day after completing the cross over from temazepam to diazepam. I thought I was doing ok and even feeling better . But then today happened. I couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed until after 1pm. I feel irritable, depressed, sedated, less than hopeful about this process. I am currently on 15 mg of V which I know is a lot. I don't know if decreasing the Valium would make me better (less depressed, more motivated) or worse ( more irritable). I hell stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as staying on this dose or decreasing. I was wondering if anybody has any advice or encouragement because this day has been really hard. I've not been working (normally I work as a therapist). Not working makes this worse because I feel no purpose or motivation to get out of bed in the morning. I don't have any kids to take care of. I am living with my parents because I can't work right now because of this. Any support or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry you're a hard time with the CO.

I'm guessing that the problem is more temazepam WD than the diazepam although it can be sedating. It does go away after awhile.

Hey Grace, just my opinion, but from what you describe, I would say you probably needed to hold after the full crossover to give your brain and central nervous system an opportunity to stabilize somewhat.  Jwl was correct, you are probably feeling wd from your original benzo and now wd from the Diazapam.  15 mg of V really isn't a lot but V is very different from most benzo's.  It has 3 metabolites instead of one.  1. Is for muscle relaxant 2.  For sleep 3. For anxiety, so it is difficult for some people to cross.  It hasn't been long since you completely crossed, you could hold at 14, or go back to 15, and stay there until your symptoms have become more tolerable. 

There is a Long Hold Support thread, if you scroll down on Homepage, you will see Support threads, click there.  Really, giving your brain an body an opportunity to adjust will help.  It may take awhile, but it will give you a much better beginning on your V taper.  Good luck, whatever you decide. 

We will be here to support you anyway we can.    :).    Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼

Thanks all, for your comments and support. What you say makes sense. It probably is mostly the temazepam withdrawals since it hasn't been long since I completed the crossover. Since I'm already at 14mg V I think I am just going to tough it out and hold on this dose until I start to stabilize. Today I didn't feel as much sedation but definitely started feeling the irritability pretty bad. However, I kept busy with physical labor projects and that seemed to really help w/ getting exercise and not focusing on the symptoms. I do think exercise helps.

Sometimes I wish I'd just toughed it out with the direct taper from temazepam but too late now! I just hope this process doesn't take too long because I want to get back to work, but at the same time I hear a lot of people on here saying not the rush things. So I am going to try to be patient.

Grace

Today is my third day at 14mg and I am definitely feeling a lot better than I did on day 1 and 2. Mostly just sedation and a little bit of anxiety. A big relief. So I am hoping that the next few days will continue this upward tend. Of course I have learned that with benzo tapers you just never know from one day to the next but I am definitely thankful to be feeling a lot better today. I guess I will just have to go 1mg at a time. My biggest worry is that when I start to get to the lower doses the sleep problems will start but I will just have to deal with that when it comes

Hi grace u are doing really well x I’m starting co and I feel really depressed. Hopefully will left for both of us soon x u were only on t for 6 months so hopefully it will be easy for u to taper off x

Thanks Shayna. Yeah, When I first started my cross over I felt really depressed too. But it got better for me so I am definitely hoping it will get better for you too!!! Depression sucks!  We will get through this!!!

Thanks Shayna. Yeah, When I first started my cross over I felt really depressed too. But it got better for me so I am definitely hoping it will get better for you too!!! Depression sucks!  We will get through this!!!

That's really good to hear Grace  :D

LadyDen, I am sorry you are having a rough day.  Hope the symptoms ease very quickly.

Mary!    🙋🏼🙋🏼. 😘😘

The only way out is through.

Set your alarm as if you were working and think positively. I get up early and run 5 km, this doesn't give me time to think about any symptoms like depression. When I feel a strong WD symptom, I run longer, or walk. It's a battle, don't give up before you've started fighting.

The only way out is through.

Set your alarm as if you were working and think positively. I get up early and run 5 km, this doesn't give me time to think about any symptoms like depression. When I feel a strong WD symptom, I run longer, or walk. It's a battle, don't give up before you've started fighting.

Great advice jimmy  :thumbsup: