Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

Ok, I'm Scottish, Irish and French, one side my grandparents came from Dundee, Scotland!

My husband is Macedonian! So my kids are quite the mix!

Shayna: My husband has a ton of relatives in Australia - lots of Macedonians there!

Badsocref: I'd love that drive too! My husband's favourite thing to do is a driving trip, maybe we'll end up down there one day!

I do have a ton of friends from school in the San Francisco area!

Winnie

Nice mix Winnie!

Love a good bitsa!  :D what a beautiful mix of cultures x

What area does ur hubby’s family live Winnie?

I haven’t heard of a lot of Macedonians where I live but they probably live in Brisbane Melbourne and Sydney would be my guess. We have lots of Brazilians and Chinese where I live. Brazilians love it here and they create quite a nice culture here, bongos on the beach and beers.  :)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

It is lovely

Thanku x my heritage is Irish, my husbands is Scottish. So we all have Celtic names x

Shayna we could be cousins! :) I’m Scotch Irish Welsh heritage! ( a bit of German, too)...like a lot of Americans, I reckon

I had a sprinkle of German too actually! Well is debatable. There is some discrepancies but we aren’t 100% sure, if German, Austrian or Jewish. We think my great grandmother may have escaped during war and being Jewish she changed her name to a German or Austrian sounding surname.

But either way , I’m a bitsa. Bits of everything! But more Irish ☘️  :laugh:

Mo chara!! (My friend in Irish

) no I don’t speak it but I’m excellent at googling 👍🏼

Shayna you make me laugh & bring a smile to my face.  Thank you for being so optimistic & posting such wonderful threads to help us all remember we are indeed human & that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  You are an inspiration to me & to many on this forum.  Thank you so so much xxx

U just made me cry Bess. X Thanku x were all doing our best aren’t we!

I read an old success story where one buddy visited another on the other side of the world once they were both healed. I hope one day I can cross paths with some of you and give u all the big squeeze that I can’t give u now xx

Especially u sweet Bess xx

We can go be dags in Sydney and do really lame touristy things like visit the set of home and away  :laugh:

Maybe we could get some “ blood and sand “ tattoos to mark the occasion  :laugh: :laugh:

(No I don’t watch it but I get the gist from commercials. Something blew up, there’s a tidal wave or earthquake or some other natural disaster that never happens in Australia , someone’s pregnant..... some new scary guy with tatts has arrived at the bay but we all know down the track he’s gunna be ok... yada yada yada )

Didn't know you had Brazilians in Australia! Learn something new everyday. I bet they keep the beaches fun.

I don't know about tattoos. Ouch!!! Count me out. Lol

You know in Louisiana we have musicians playing on the streets everywhere. It's a jazz party all the time especially on weekends. There's no where you go that doesn't have great food, friendly people and a cold beer if you want one. The communities are tight knit helping each other from big to little things. Playing music while working around the house, playing cards, telling stories, jokes and keeping an eye on all the kids. You'll see and want to try foods you've never heard of from gator balls ( not their nuts)  :laugh: it's alligator meat in a ball shape battered and deep fried with a dipping sauce. Duck gumbo. Stuffed fish, stuffed peppers, stuffed crab, stuffed lobster, stuffed turkey necks. Ox tails, all kinds of jambalaya, etoufe of all sorts, boudin sausage, frog legs, praline candies, pecan candies, beignets and much more.

If you want to gain weight quick then head to Louisiana ( The boot state).

And as far as animals the closer you get to people living near the swamp or marsh the wilder the animals they'll cook. Like crow ( yes those black birds), squirrels, raccoon, rabbits and so on. So be careful eating a meal with them. High chance you're eating the above named.

Didn't know you had Brazilians in Australia! Learn something new everyday. I bet they keep the beaches fun.

I don't know about tattoos. Ouch!!! Count me out. Lol

You know in Louisiana we have musicians playing on the streets everywhere. It's a jazz party all the time especially on weekends. There's no where you go that doesn't have great food, friendly people and a cold beer if you want one. The communities are tight knit helping each other from big to little things. Playing music while working around the house, playing cards, telling stories, jokes and keeping an eye on all the kids. You'll see and want to try foods you've never heard of from gator balls ( not their nuts)  :laugh: it's alligator meat in a ball shape battered and deep fried with a dipping sauce. Duck gumbo. Stuffed fish, stuffed peppers, stuffed crab, stuffed lobster, stuffed turkey necks. Ox tails, all kinds of jambalaya, etoufe of all sorts, boudin sausage, frog legs, praline candies, pecan candies, beignets and much more.

If you want to gain weight quick then head to Louisiana ( The boot state).

And as far as animals the closer you get to people living near the swamp or marsh the wilder the animals they'll cook. Like crow ( yes those black birds), squirrels, raccoon, rabbits and so on. So be careful eating a meal with them. High chance you're eating the above named.

Yep Brazilian capital of Australia right here. They’re all so bloody good looking too the buggers :laugh:

I would love to go to Louisiana for Mardi Gras! It looks so fun. Bignets yum!!!! I don’t know about the croc balls and some of those other “delicacies” but seafood gumbo sounds good! And praline! Yum!!

I really want to try a po’ boy too!! They sound like a must do!

I love the idea of the tight knit community. Sounds beautiful. It’s not like that here, we have a very transient population where I live. One day I’ll move to the country so I can really experience “community “  :smitten:

Thanku lady for sharing ur home x sounds wonderful

Shayna:

You are correct, they live in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, maybe others, but he can't remember.

What typically happens is that some moved to these spots, then other follow and settle there!

A lot of Greeks have settled there too.

I've always wanted to visit them!

We haven't been back to Macedonia either!

Lord knows if we'll ever make it now, apparently there, in Macedonia, some think that going to church will cure them!

Yikes!

Winnie

Shayna:

You are correct, they live in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, maybe others, but he can't remember.

What typically happens is that some moved to these spots, then other follow and settle there!

A lot of Greeks have settled there too.

I've always wanted to visit them!

We haven't been back to Macedonia either!

Lord knows if we'll ever make it now, apparently there, in Macedonia, some think that going to church will cure them!

Yikes!

Winnie

Yes I thought they be in the capitols as we don’t have the churches in smaller areas. Melbourne and Sydney are more diverse multiculturally although the rest of the country is changing fast.

Naww a bit of faith to cure isn’t a bad thought tho is it Winnie x bless them

I have to say don’t bother visiting ur rellys in Canberra (so boring!!) :laugh:

I swear when our tapers are done and we are healed I’m going to start coming to visit all you lovely and inspirational people I’ve come to adore!  :smitten:

I read an old success story where one buddy visited another on the other side of the world once they were both healed. I hope one day I can cross paths with some of you and give u all the big squeeze that I can’t give u now xx

We can go be dags in Sydney and do really lame touristy things like visit the set of home and away  :laugh:

Maybe we could get some “ blood and sand “ tattoos to mark the occasion  :laugh: :laugh:

(No I don’t watch it but I get the gist from commercials. Something blew up, there’s a tidal wave or earthquake or some other natural disaster that never happens in Australia , someone’s pregnant..... some new scary guy with tatts has arrived at the bay but we all know down the track he’s gunna be ok... yada yada yada )

Hell yeah I’m there lovely! Tattoos & all. Once I’ve sold my business I’m hopping in my VW Kombi (1973) & heading up the east coast.  Let’s gobble delicious food at some cafe with gorgeous views & giggle ourselves silly xxx

This is where I’d like to be right now

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=141

Thought that (Your link) was Glass House Mountains, and rising sea levels for a second.. :(

-Which would be a bugga, cos thats where we play in the mud with the cars n bikes (though its been a while)..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFXyKiWOzD-qGYp5iv8vwBD0ZxGlZ-t-Wwkg&usqp=CAU

What Pamster said.. -Thanks Shay, and Everyone...

-Great morning cuppa stuff..

:)

Hell yeah I’m there lovely! Tattoos & all. Once I’ve sold my business I’m hopping in my VW Kombi (1973) & heading up the east coast.  Let’s gobble delicious food at some cafe with gorgeous views & giggle ourselves silly xxx

U have a combi!!! I’m so jealous x my first car was going to be a combi and I changed my mind last minute and bought a mini x

Yes! That sounds amazing xx I am in x

U have a combi!!! I’m so jealous x my first car was going to be a combi and I changed my mind last minute and bought a mini x

Yes! That sounds amazing xx I am in x

I do indeed - his name is Borris.  He has a fridge, a stove & an oven & sleeps 4. Boris needs some interior TLC that I’ll get too but he is awesome.  I’ll take you for a spin im him when I’m

Up in your hood - something happens to

Me when I hop on & drive him.  I have no idea if I can attach a photo to these posts???? Am a tad technologically challenged!! Hope you’re good lovely. Sleep coming your way tonight gorgeous mama!! Xxx

Boris sounds like a pretty cool dude. I’ll make sure I wear my disco wig and flares when u come pick me up x no I don’t think u can add ur own pics but u can add web pics.

So if u uploaded a photo of ur combi to say Pinterest then u can copy the link and add it here.

Boris sounds like a pretty cool dude. I’ll make sure I wear my disco wig and flares when u come pick me up x no I don’t think u can add ur own pics but u can add web pics.

So if u uploaded a photo of ur combi to say Pinterest then u can copy the link and add it here.

Yessssss!! & John Lennon sunglasses!!!

I'm hoping when I heal I can throw a big 70's party like I used to. Y'all are invited for sure. Sounds like you'll already have the clothes for it.

This is where I’d like to be right now

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=141

Thought that (Your link) was Glass House Mountains, and rising sea levels for a second.. :(

-Which would be a bugga, cos thats where we play in the mud with the cars n bikes (though its been a while)..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFXyKiWOzD-qGYp5iv8vwBD0ZxGlZ-t-Wwkg&usqp=CAU

What Pamster said.. -Thanks Shay, and Everyone...

-Great morning cuppa stuff..

Love the sunny coast x spent so much time there as a kid can’t x

I'm hoping when I heal I can throw a big 70's party like I used to. Y'all are invited for sure. Sounds like you'll already have the clothes for it.

U know I’ll be there getting it xx

Im a lurker here but..Colorado Springs is my City..Home of the Air Force Academy(where I live as an Air force retired)City above the clouds at seven thousand feet above sea level and the gorgeous Rocky mountains.

Hey glama x wow I just googled it what a beautiful place! So pretty. This is going to sound funny but have u ever seen the movie cars? It kinda reminds me of radiator springs. The landscape looks like it’s animated it’s too perfect to be real!

[f3...]
I've got relatives in Colorado Springs (it's a lot bigger than Radiator Springs).  We drove up Pike's Peak once.  Saw many of the CS sites.  It's beautiful there.  Go a bit west and it's Southpark country.

Wow badso, so beautiful. Definitely going on the road trip bucket list. I’ve always wanted to visit Montana too. Or just any state in the US actually  :laugh:

Hey Shay,

Did you have a fav hangout at the Sunny Coast..?

I still dont know it too well, Coloundra mainly,  but stay at Alex Beach a bit.. I know Chilli Beach much better, if you know where that is.. -Lol, a bit of a drive from here though, like a week..!!

How about Maleny area, -Gardner Falls..??

Your all giving me the travel bug too.. Its good to keep that spark glowing through all this..