Fly your flag! Where in the world are you?

[Sh...]

Thought might start this thread to see where ur all at! I love hearing where people are and what is happening in their area... especially in these crazy times. I am from Australia in Queensland where everyone wants to be right now. We have the lowest cases of covid in the country, our boarders are completely closed without medical exemption, even then people are being stopped from entering. People are very upset at our premier, which is like governor if ur in USA. Fly ur flag!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ho...]

• [2c...]

• [Be...]

Woop woop! Sounds like a beautiful place lady, America fascinates me. I always thought it was so cool as a kid u guys get a canteen and don’t wear uniforms to school!

Yes well some schools wear uniforms now. Private schools, Christian schools and some colleges wear them. But yes we have canteens and courtyards to hang out. Maybe one day you can visit my country. It's so beautiful just like other countries are beautiful....well most of them

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yes it was very sad. Our koalas are on the endangered species list now. Kangaroo island in South Australia was one of the worst hit places and that’s a koala sanctuary. Apparently this summer is going to be wet for us so hopefully won’t get any this year x

• 3 weeks later...

I live in a planned community of approximately 65,000 people of varied and diverse backgrounds; Reston was developed and brought to fruition by a native

New Yorker, Robert Simon.  It is approximately 15 miles from Washington, D.C.  I have lived here since 1975, and it owns my heart :smitten:

• 1 month later...

I live in a planned community of approximately 65,000 people of varied and diverse backgrounds; Reston was developed and brought to fruition by a native

New Yorker, Robert Simon.  It is approximately 15 miles from Washington, D.C.  I have lived here since 1975, and it owns my heart :smitten:

Wow that sounds so interesting! I looked it up on google! Amazing GG

From the good ol’ Midwest state of Iowa in the U.S.A! I’m fascinated with Australia and would love to visit someday!!!

Ohhh Iowa! In tornado alley! I wanted to chase tornadoes as a teenager. My little boy is obsessed with them. Not that I think they are good I think they’re terrifying, but sort of beautiful. X

Australia is pretty awesome I’m not gunna lie! That’s why Hollywood are moving to Byron bay... it’s beautiful. And laid back.

I’ve always wanted to spend holidays in USA! U guys go big over there! It’s great!

Oregon (surprise, right?  :D) The Willamette Valley. Used to live on the coast in a town named Waldport. And before that, I lived in Victoria, on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada.

Katz

No way  :laugh:

Are u Canadian or American katz?

When I was a kid I had a penpal in Sutherland Oregon. She sent me the best nkotb stuff we couldn’t get here in oz! Was so cool! I was the envy of all the other tweens in my school

I am obsessed with Astoria, because I’m a massive goonies fan!

I am desperate to do a road trip from Monterey to Astoria. One day I will do it!

How’s covid up there Katz?

I'm a Canuck, Shay. Couldn't ever give up my Canadian citizenship. Astoria is a cool place! Northern OR coast . . . very pretty. In fact all of the OR coast is stunning!!

In our county, we don't have a lot of Covid. Except for one small city, we're pretty rural. People around here are very mask-compliant, too. I haven't been into one store where ppl weren't wearing masks. Up north and inland, in the bigger population centers like Portland, ugh, they have it bad. Too many people, too much crowding, too little care taken in bars and restaurants . . . you name it.

OR got its first shipment of vaccine today. It's being dispensed from a few hospitals that have freezers. Health-care workers are getting it first. The rest of us . . . fffttt. Thanks, Donald, for ordering too few doses.

How's the virus treating you folks, Shay?

Stay well. And stay strong.

Best,

Katz

I have a mate who married a Canadian girl and he I think has become a Canadian now. He loves it there.

Yes I live in a beautiful part of the world for sure! So glad covid isn’t too bad where u are. I think I heard 300k deaths today in US? Surely that can’t be right.... that is frightening. Such a shame people don’t take the protocols seriously.. i feel terrible for everyone over there!

We’re pretty much covid free, the only cases we have are in hotel quarantine and are returning from overseas. We have zero community transmission at present. It’s good, but I feel like another wave will hit eventually. Like u say Katz too many people flout the rules, it will happen here again eventually. But we’ll enjoy it while it lasts!

Thanks Katz you too x hope u stay well  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

bumping this thread  :)

I live in British Columbia, Canada.  Right now, I live in the north central province.  I am from the coast and Vancouver.  I grew up in a coastal town called White Rock, and I also lived in Victoria.  It's Winter up here, which lasts about 6 months.  There is not a lot of covid in the North.  I've never been to Australia, but I have been down the Oregon coast.  It is gorgeous! 

bumping this thread  :)

I live in British Columbia, Canada.  Right now, I live in the north central province.  I am from the coast and Vancouver.  I grew up in a coastal town called White Rock, and I also lived in Victoria.  It's Winter up here, which lasts about 6 months.  There is not a lot of covid in the North.  I've never been to Australia, but I have been down the Oregon coast.  It is gorgeous!

That’s where my friend moved to x he loves it there. He’s an artist and does very well over there. I think he might be Canadian now. He has no plans on moving back at this stage , so it must be amazing there. I watched kindergarten cop last night which is filmed in Astoria. Gosh it’s pretty there

I live in Delaware in the US, we are known as the 1st State because we literally became the 1st US state. I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived in MD for a while.

I live in Delaware in the US, we are known as the 1st State because we literally became the 1st US state. I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived in MD for a while.

Wow thanks for sharing lottie x I’ll have to google Delaware and see where it is love to travel they us one day

Couldn't resist! My home!!!! Oak Bay, a "suburb" of Victoria

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow cats it is beautiful x gorgeous place to live thanks for sharing x I’ll put a pic of my home town up soon too x