New Here and in deed of advice

[He...]

Hi,

I have been on clonazepam 0.250 mg in the morning at 10:00 am and 0.250 mg at 16:00 pm for the past 3 weeks and am now in my 4th week beginning after trying to cut one of the doses at the advice of my doctor unsuccessfully.

I need advice with my tapering - my doctor is suggesting to start by cutting the 0.250 mg in half to 0.125 mg but I feel this may be extreme, as he first suggested to cut my afternoon dose after 21 days of taking clonazepam and I had horrible withrdrawal symptoms, so had to go back to taking my afternoon dose.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks so much!

I think you're wise to consider tapering with smaller cuts.  Clonazepam is a very potent benzo and as you get to the lower doses cuts can become more difficult.  You will probably do best to hold after cuts for at least two weeks. Obviously it's hard to make cuts smaller than 1/4 but it's possible.  Some members use a jeweler's scale (Amazon around $22) and shave pills. Another option is to take clonazepam in a liquid form - you can ask your doctor about this.

There's a support group you may find helpful too:

Under .125 Klonopin Club

Welcome!  Brighterday

Thanks so much for this. I also heard about compound pharmacies that with the prescribing physician can cut the pills professionally. Is this something that is better to consider rather than cutting the pill yourself?

Would appreciate any advice on this.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]