Author Topic: Just a thought on depression for those struggling..  (Read 2525 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Just a thought on depression for those struggling..
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 03:54:34 am »
I got off ADs in October of November and started the benzo taper shortly afterwards.  Not surprisingly, my depression started getting a lot worse. 

Itís only been 4 days but the deep, deep depression seems to have lifted significantly this week, as well as the crushing fatigue.  Iím sure it will come back strong again but it does feel like something has changed on that front, and I have some optimism that my brain can actually produce some feel good chemicals on its own.  It was pretty unrelenting for a couple months.

It will like to "visit" sometimes in the process of recovery, but it will get less and less, and the feel good will increase bit by bit. Isn't it great when you feel normal again even just a bit - it gives so much hope to much through!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 03:57:46 am »
Depression is very common while using a benzo, tapering, or after jumping. So I can see why you are feeling so rough.
I'm sorry you've struggled with it for so long. I've had episodes off an on through life, but I know I had a lot of situational things that contributed to it.
I always encourage ppl to look at diet, exercise, and what supports they have in life. In addition theres sometimes things we keep inside that we need to work through so I think a good therapist can be very helpful. but even with all that I know that once dealing with benzos a lot of this is bio/chemical.

My waves vary..I've had them last days/week/ and weirdly wash over me for a few hrs and lift. My window days are by no means perfect, but are noticeably better than my wave days by far. There are may who do not have definitive window/wave patterns, and sound a lot like how you describe.

I don't know you so its hard to have a good discussion on this to find what may benefit you. but sometimes its just good to talk and know you're not alone in this:)

Thank you Trina!
Iím struggling with depression I believe. I have tried almost everything from exposure therapy, reading self help books, CBT therapy and more. And it feels no matter how hard I try the thoughts and feelings wonít go away. My waves and windows are on and off all day, so it confuses me if this is WD or not. Feels like mood swings. One minute Iím ok the next sad and scared. And itís on the same topic every time. I guess this benzo likes to go after people and things we love the most.

But I also think I might have anhedonia on and off I donít find pleasure in many things. I still do things but it feels as if my reward system is off. Iím never proud of myself. I canít feel majority of the time. I hope this gets better !

Thank you foe your post it gave me some hope!

Ah I'm sorry for my late response! I went from horrible depression to apathy/anhedonia for a bit. Many on here will experience what is like mood swings too. Don't be surprised when emotions return if they are intense! Anger and arousal can be intense for some ppl too. Our bodies re trying to find balance again after being shut down for so long!

I can laugh again..laugh so hard I cry. Joy returns.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 05:15:43 pm »
Thanks so much for this encouraging post!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 02:32:52 am »
Thanks so much for this encouraging post!  :smitten:

So welcome!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 02:08:30 pm »
Following