Very scared ! Lots of anxiety. Don’t know if I can do this

[2c...]

Last night as I getting ready for bed my heart rate jumped up to 145-149 and it stayed for a few minutes so I went to the ER to make sure I wasn’t having anything serious like a heart attack.  At the ER it was 150. After a few minutes it dropped suddenly to 91 and stayed normal. It was not a heart attack. Now to a cardiologist to get a stress test etc.

I’ve never had any heart issues before. Today I have my same old symptoms of weakness, shakiness, headache and body pain and anxiety/panic, crying.

For some reason a week ago I turned a corner quite suddenly  and have felt like I’m falling down a hole ever since.  I’m really frightened.  I haven’t even started back on taper.  I was very positive when I started posting again after holding so long, that I could do this and now being so sick without even starting yet is very scary

I think I just need a little reassurance.

I'm in the same situation, I think. I'm going down to .5 after a long hold at .75 and the heart stuff and the just-feeling-bad mentally has started again. I'm trying to hang on by remembering how good it felt during the hold - I felt "clearer" than I had in years. (I prolonged it to get a break from the tachycardia.) Let's hang in there together?

Thanks twitchtarantula. Ok we’ll keep tabs on each other  :)

I really appreciate your reply.

I had a long hold (years) too and I can actually say I had a couple of years where I felt great.  I started running and did a couple of 5ks.  I was taking 0.5 mg of Ativan at bedtime and 0.25mg in the a.m. I think I was lulled into thinking I could do that forever. Of course in hindsight I should have continued tapering since I so stable . But no crying over spilled milk, I guess.

One piece of good news is that I have a very promising appointment with a psychiatric nurse practitioner next month. Here’s hoping she’s supportive and will work with me.  I got a good vibe when I called.

Ativan is the devil that’s for sure. 

Hang in there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks twitchtarantula. Ok we’ll keep tabs on each other  :)

I really appreciate your reply.

I had a long hold (years) too and I can actually say I had a couple of years where I felt great.  I started running and did a couple of 5ks.  I was taking 0.5 mg of Ativan at bedtime and 0.25mg in the a.m. I think I was lulled into thinking I could do that forever. Of course in hindsight I should have continued tapering since I so stable . But no crying over spilled milk, I guess.

One piece of good news is that I have a very promising appointment with a psychiatric nurse practitioner next month. Here’s hoping she’s supportive and will work with me.  I got a good vibe when I called.

Ativan is the devil that’s for sure. 

Hang in there!

Just so both of you know, this is the Normal process of your taper, the heart, the nerves, stomach issues,  rest assured it's the W/D effects... take a deep breath and exhale and try to do the best you can to relax and not panic during this time, drink a cup of warm soothing lavender tea or chamomile it always helped me to settle down…take a walk fresh air and look at the beauty this earth gives, try to take your mind off your W/D effects, will help if your able too... One thing I did hate was the racing heart effects, so I hear you two, but know this, you both will get through this and come out Alive and back to Normalcy once you have it all out of your system... KEEP STRONG WOMEN!!  ;D YOU both can DO THIS!! Don't give up!! :thumbsup: Your Normal is around that corner!! :smitten:

I'm in the same situation, I think. I'm going down to .5 after a long hold at .75 and the heart stuff and the just-feeling-bad mentally has started again. I'm trying to hang on by remembering how good it felt during the hold - I felt "clearer" than I had in years. (I prolonged it to get a break from the tachycardia.) Let's hang in there together?

I can so relate to this! I am holding a couple months because August was awful. I ended up having a panic attack while getting the stress test. They had to stop the test but at least they said my heat seemed fine. It's been so nice to have more and more windows while holding.  I know I have to keep going at some point but taking this extra time has been a godsend.

Thanks darcey and SRR for your comments and encouragement.

The racing heart was a new thing for me. At least to last that long.  Usually I can wait it out, doing deep breathing, etc.

Last night I actually had a decent night’s sleep.  I have much better moments when my back pain eases up.  On a journey to get that resolved. My primary care doc suggested Neurontin for the pain and for anxiety but I think I’m going to try and avoid it.  I’ve read postS on here and it seems their is a mixed opinion about Neurontin which I understand as we are all different.  I think I’d like to keep my taper as clean as I can.  Back pain can get excruciating though and sends me into a tailspin.will keep looking for resolution for it.  Ok now I’m rambling.  :D:laugh: