Can diazepam make you angry or is it withdrawals

[Sc...]

I've been so angry since 9-11-20. That's when I switched to diazepam. I'm a mother and wife. I hate them!  How can I feel this way? I want to run away. Is this expected?

Anger, rage, frustration and extreme irritation can most definitely be symptoms of benzo withdrawals.

I was a ticking bomb just begging to be bumped so I could unload brutal verbal tirades. It felt like every personal relationship I decimated was 1000% justified and eventually I was left with no friends/family outside of my wife and children.  I have had to leave the room countless times because I was so angry with my wife and children even after getting passed the worst of it.  I completely avoided people for months at the peak of acute withdrawals. 

Maintaining control over acting on the anger is extremely important. 

I've been so angry since 9-11-20. That's when I switched to diazepam. I'm a mother and wife. I hate them!  How can I feel this way? I want to run away. Is this expected?

Most definitely can make you feel very angry , whilst in my withdrawel it was as though all those feelings that you keep to yourself when you are usually irritated with someone and then it passes  your control switch has disappeared and you just feel you have to say something. If you are with someone who understands this and that it is a withdrawel symptom they will understand and know that it is not meant. It will pass with time. It is the Gaba region of your body that is being affected the same area that alcohol affects and look how alcoholics can get abusive, it doesn't mean its who you are.

Most definitely yes. I am quick to anger and find myself getting angrier a lot more. It's especially bad when I have first done a cut of the medication. I have posted on here about how to keep the peace when I'm angry about every little thing. It does seem to get better after a couple weeks of cutting my dose but then comes back when I cut it again. I think it's part of the process.

Some people have trouble adjusting to diazepam at least at first.  So being quick to anger may be related to the switch to diazepam but it's also a very common effect of benzo withdrawal. 

I was extremely irritable and unreasonably angry in the first few months of withdrawal.  I'm not the picture of saintly patience now but I'm a lot less irritable and don't get very angry like it did. 

I think sedation is pretty common, Scorpio. when I was first on valium I was very sedated,  but that gradually ebbed away. The first week or two were extremely uncomfortable. I felt like a slug. But things got better. I figure it took me several months to get rid of that dragged-down feeling. You may experience things differently, however.

Hope this helps,

Katz