To someone that have extreme DP dont read if getting scared

[0e...]

This is so scary. This morning when I woke up I knew. This days is gonna be hellish. I dont know who I am!!!! I feel like someone else and suddenly I felt like I disapeared totally. I was gone like a ghost! No physical apperance. Help! Anyone else having DP where you are totally lost? I am so scared to develop DID dissociative identity disorder.  DR DP is a form of dissociation and DP i know it can cause severe identity issues. Or feel unreal. But so unreal that i stop exist. I am so losing myself

I littery dont have a clue who I am anymore. No memories either cant understand speech or interact with my husband. I am so disconnected.

I've not read of any members who developed disorder's as a result of withdrawal from benzodiazepines, whatever they felt during withdrawal and the recovery phase disappeared when they recovered.  I feel it's important for you to do whatever it takes to distract yourself from these feelings today, try not to give them anymore power over you.  Giving in to negative emotions just puts us into further panic, so please try to let go of your panic.

This feeling will pass just as they all do, of course it may be replaced with something equally as hideous but this is what tells us it's the drug, not a permanent condition.  Nothing else waxes and wanes like this crap does so take comfort in knowing this too will pass.

When I was in tolerance w/d, one time at work, I couldn't "see" my body below my head.  It's like my body disappeared from my memory or something.  People can sense their own bodies are there all the time, but that day I couldn't.  I understand how you're feeling somewhat.  It is scary.

When I was in tolerance w/d, one time at work, I couldn't "see" my body below my head.  It's like my body disappeared from my memory or something.  People can sense their own bodies are there all the time, but that day I couldn't.  I understand how you're feeling somewhat.  It is scary.

Yes exactly like that. It was gone below my head empty. Just air.  I have had like that one time before not so much today.

Yes exactly like that. It was gone below my head empty. Just air.  I have had like that one time before not so much today.

Early in my WD when I was driving I felt like my body was missing. Like I couldn’t see it in my peripheral vision. I stopped driving after that!  I had derealization, depersonalization. I was only short term user of Valium. But I’ve noticed when I read people’s summaries that had similar situations like mine they also did CT!  It passes. It’s a very hard and weird feeling.

It's Not Brain Damage!

People stop posting comments like these! It's scary to people who are in this and you have no idea what kind of an impact that can make.

DP/DR is a very common symptom in Benzo withdrawal as well as GAD. It's so common in fact that if you describe it to a therapist or Doctor they know exactly what you are talking about. They do not worry about it in the slightest because it's not permanent.

It will go away. If you feel very anxious lately it can get worse at times. VERY COMMON!

NOT BRAIN DAMAGE