cortisol rush

[Ka...]

Sometimes in a wave it likes to visit me, but its nowhere as intense as it was. If I feel it around 5 am I just try to breathe it out and I can usually fall back asleep now..but my dreams are the weirdest just before it.

This was my worst symptoms by far as I had it constantly while in tolerance and just after my jump.

Hang in there..it will settle.

anyone?

Me, it's been even worse since being on and discontinuing beta blockers, i get MASSIVE surges of adrenaline with hypnic jerks, so bad it feels like I am going to have a heart attack.. and probably will at this rate.. They sometimes trigger my SVT, wake up dripping in sweat unable to focus on anything heart pounding..

I don't know how my body hasn't given out yet but am actually worried it will.

**** all these drugs, ALL of them.

Thank you,trina and Hamburgertime... yes same here i can not focus on anything This is so stressful symptom :( Do you have wheezing in your nose or throat on the cortisol rush time? or anyone else?

I read a in success stories a member whose cortisol was through the roof 24/7 for awhile after jumping..can't remember the name....I just know that it stood out to me when i was in the "cortisol surge" phase and it gave me hope that they leveled out.....and healed :thumbsup:

You're not the only one:)

If the name comes to me I'll let you know...dang now its going to bug me!

Those were awful for me in the mornings, first thing when I woke up. Probably for first 4-5 months. But I also got them in the evenings too 😢.

Now almost a year later I feel like I’m in a bit of a wave and adrenaline surges are back, I hope not for too long  :'(

Its absolutely normal to have cortisol rushes in the morning. A normal person will have higher cortisol when upon waking up and slowly subside through out the day having lowest amount during the evening to night time allowing one to get ready for sleep. However, people going through benzo withdrawal will have cortisol rushes all over the place and some will have even higher cortisol levels at night preventing them to sleep or be calm. We need cortisol but its the high amounts of it that makes us miserable. This was a big problem during and post acute but its very much subsided and I dont have cortisol problems as much now. Few things that helped me was taking frequent showers (hot then cold shower to reduce anxiety) and mindfulness thinking.

Thank you,everyone. I thought I was a bit better around 6th month with the cortisol issue but now I am 8th months and feel worse than the month. I am so worried if my acute symptoms continues for more months.

Do you feel adrenaline issue when you wake up. anxiety or panic, etc. it is highest level in the morning and decreases to evening and night. but I have days that I feel it whole a day.

Do you feel adrenaline issue when you wake up. anxiety or panic, etc. it is highest level in the morning and decreases to evening and night. but I have days that I feel it whole a day.

No never ever...