Medical Marajuna has really helped me with withdrawal sysmptoms

[kn...]

When I had my phone meeting with the Doctor that examined me and my medical records I had sent them she said that MM would help with both my conditions of IBS, and withdrawal from the harmful chemicals.

I have been using 1 part 3/4 strength marijuana and 2 parts CBD (23 %) mix...ground together with a small food grinder. I use a medium sized water pipe ( bong ). I heat fresh water each time (1/2 cup ) to very warm, 37 seconds in the microwave set on high. Then fill the front tube with water because i built a bong cone that goes from the big opening to about a 1/4 inch opening. The mixture is too harsh without doing these other things. I take enough for about three medium hits. Within about 5 minutes I can start to feel all the Cannabinoid Receptors and CBD receptors become active. These receptors are helpful to reducing the dominance of the withdrawal symptoms of the GABA and Seratonin (from SSRI's) receptors.

"Cannabinoid receptors, located throughout the body, are part of the endocannabinoid system, which is involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory. Cannabinoid receptors are of a class of cell membrane receptors in the G protein-coupled receptor superfamily." (just googled "cannabinoid receptors")

No wonder cannabis has used for medicine for about 4000 years.

I'm up between 4 and 6 and take 5mg of MCT oil. If I don't have anywhere to be I will smoke a sativa or hybrid. By 1-2 I dry vape Mazar or Gg4. If I am not well medicated with thc my days are just horrible with muscle spacisity, head throbbing, and unable to concentrate. After dinner until bed I'm smoking an before bed. I wish I could just smoke all day.

I know what you mean. I have been going through some kind of digestive tract damage for ten years, only harmful enough to give me "very difficult to handle" gut problems, but I have had most all of the symtoms to some degree while hitting difficult turbulance on the taper down. That is the way I feel most of time. When I use marijuana the desire to give in to the withdrawal symptoms almost completely leaves, then I am free to get evolved with other things.

I had symptoms so bad this week I was bedridden for about 18 hrs.. I would be bedridden 70% of my life ( if I got lucky) without marijuana. It is closer to 10% now.

Strongly recommend a dry herb vaporizer. You can put the vapour through water too but you might not find a need to. The Mighty is expensive but good. You make your money back quickly because less herb goes further. Not giving the hard sell, it's just something I didn't know to exist until a couple of years ago, so I assume others don't too. It's not the same as vaping.

Cannabis has helped me a lot too. My tolerance is sky high at the moment :(. I took 24 hours off and while I'd stop short of saying I was fiending, it did keep popping into my head. To tell the truth, I wasn't 100% committed and was just going to see how the day went. It's not too difficult for me to gradually cut down my usage over several days, I don't feel a need to make it too uncomfortable. Still, I wanted to see when it got uncomfortable and how uncomfortable as a measure of where I'm at, I guess. I wasn't feeling that hungry for my evening meal and that's when I felt a strong craving for just a little so that I'd enjoy my meal more. Rightly decided that wasn't a good enough reason.

I've prepared my weed with a tremor when I was in a really bad state from far too big a reduction in diazepam dose. The relief was stunning. It really did make everything significantly troubling better and still does. I'm nowhere near such a jibbering wreck nowadays but there is that undercurrent of anxiety there that is easily manageable and doesn't drag me down too much on one hand but on the other hand it was still great to be able to medicate it away after a few hours.

I just need to restrict it to night time use to be honest, including to get back to sleep in the early hours. Anybody else have a problem with it just getting a little out of hand occasionally? Any tips? What do you do about taking a break? I have settled on a pattern of 1-2 months continuous use (with the odd day off like today) followed by a break of a week. If I have more than a week off, I might have a month off. I feel like then I know where I'm at with my healing. Life's better with cannabis than without, for now, though I'm glad to say it's closer than it used to be! I believe it will turn around in months to come.

CBD or THC can do amazing things to relieve GI issues. Its amazing really.

A dry herb vaporizer is the way to go. I use a Davinci and its great. Unlike burning cannabis in a bong or joint at high temperatures the dry herb vaporizer heats the cannabis at a much lower temperature, leaving a lot of unwanted carcinogens behind. Using a lower temperature releases the natural plant terpenes that give the strains their amazing flavors. The effects are lighter than ripping a bong and the effects are much more medicinal.

A good High CBD strain to start with is Hawaiian Haze. Plain Jane grows great Hawaiian Haze and can be shipped to most states.

I dont think I have a high tolerance. I just smoke to feel medicated. I like to try many different types of strains. Some will keep you very wide awake (Sativas), others calm your body down (

Indicas) and in the middle there are (Hybrids).

I would be interested to hear what strains anyone uses specifically for Benzo withdrawl. The perfect strain makes a big difference.

Here are strains that help me:

CBD- Hawiian Haze, can be used anytime of day.

Mornings:

AK-47, Jack Herer, Blue Dream, Cinderella 99

Afternoons:

Gorilla Glue #4, Chemdog #5, AK-47, Tangie, OG Kush

Night:

Blueberry Kush, Mazar, Grape Ape, Grandaddy Purple, Afghan Kush

Monday and Tuesday I had no CBD or TCH. My withdrawal symptoms went from moderate to very strong by the end of the second day. I too intend to stop using to get a good sense of my taper. This morning I used the cannabis meds ( as described above ), also this afternoon. I have been relatively symptom free today. I almost always have an inner debate on whether or not to use cannabis. Weird. It helps so much, but I don't want be dependent on it. I guess this is good in that I want my regular body functions restored after being altered ( harmfully ) by the chemicals listed below. How can the Doctors keep prescribing this stuff?

I am in Missouri, and there are no dispensaries open yet, after over a year of getting a license for it. So I look forward to experimenting with different strains when the stores open...maybe a month or two.

I’ve had digestive disease for 30 years.  I discovered cannabis when I withdrew from opiates in 2015. My favorite MMJ strain is Cannatonic.  It’s close to a 1:1 ration of CBD to THC.  It’s a true medical strain, and I’ve gotten off all prescription meds.

I have 24 plants growing.  It’s truly nature’s medicine

Knarf,

Is it dependent making? Why is smoking it better than cbd oil?

Is it expensive.? Do you have to go to dispenser with rx?

Is there another way other than cooking/bong?

thanks

infoshar

Knarf,

Is it dependent making? Why is smoking it better than cbd oil?

Is it expensive.? Do you have to go to dispenser with rx?

Is there another way other than cooking/bong?

thanks

infoshar

@livestrong...thanx for the preference of strains. As soon as the dispensaries open here I will give "Cannatonic" a try.

@insofar...I think some people become psychologically dependent on marijuana. There are many, many, many things that us humans become dependent on...and many of them can cause us harm. I have experienced no withdrawal symptoms, or intense craving for it. ( if that is what your wondering ) 

For me CBD alone is slightly relaxing, but it does not have the therapeutic strength for my withdrawal digestive issues.

Yes it is expensive, especially from the dispensaries in Illinois. 1/8 ounce costs about $60.

"You can apply for your patient cultivation license at the same time as you submit your medical marijuana patient application, and it will cost you $100 on top of the $25 patient card application fee. If you already have your medical marijuana card, but did not initially apply for home cultivation, there is a simple fix! All you have to do is jump on the Department of Health and Senior Services’s web portal; navigate to ‘Create a New Application;’ and select ‘Patient Update.’

When you submit the application/update, it is crucial that you make a point to mention the following explicitly:

A detailed description of the cultivation area, like “unused, locked closest in patient’s bedroom.”

The location is locked and secure

This area will only be accessible to the patient or the patient caregiver.

Ensure that you are as detailed as possible when writing the description of the cultivation area, including details about the type of lock, where in the house the room is located, and if it has windows that are accessible from the outside (it should not)."

https://theweedblog.com/medical/cultivation-licenses-in-missouri-how-to-apply-successfully

The law in Missouri says if you have a MML you can have up to 4 ounces in your possession, and it doesn't matter where you get it. ( The law does not ask where it came from. ) 

They do make leaf ( marijuana, tobacco, etc ) vaporizers. Also there are edibles of both CBD and marijuana like "Gummies", of different strains and strengths.

There can be a relatively mild withdrawal syndrome for some cannabis users. I have in my time used cannabis daily for a couple of months and sometimes at high doses. The withdrawal was uncomfortable for a few days and some niggles for about 10 days before normalising.

What I would say is that if you keep your use to therapeutic doses rather than recreational ones, you can probably avoid any withdrawal symptoms at all.

Can I ask what diagnosis you have that qualifies you for an MMJ card?

Both medical and recreational cannabis are legal where I live, but the conditions that would qualify one for MMJ are very limited.

I find it helpful to use in the evening when I'm trying to relax enough to sleep.

thanks

Can I ask what diagnosis you have that qualifies you for an MMJ card?

Both medical and recreational cannabis are legal where I live, but the conditions that would qualify one for MMJ are very limited.

I find it helpful to use in the evening when I'm trying to relax enough to sleep.

thanks

These are the qualifying conditions in Missouri. The bold font is what qualified me.

*  Cancer

*  Epilepsy

*  Glaucoma

*  Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment

*  A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasm, including but not limited to    those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome

*  Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, PTSD, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist

*  Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome

* A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence...(SSRI and benzos)

*  Any terminal illness; or in the professional judgement of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition including but not limited to hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease...(caused by SSRI and benzos!), Chron’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitations of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.

Note that the last bullet point gives doctors an extreme amout of leeway when deciding to recommend marijuana to a patient.  Even if the patient has none of the specific conditions listed above, any chronic or debilitating condition can be sufficient.  It is really up to the doctor.

I would like to try this but I dont know where to begin. never smoked or tried it before. Im extremely sensitive and my adrenals crash easily. I heard cbd lowers cortisol levels and thc raises it. I have low cortisol levels but I have severe anxiety and I dont know if I can hanlde thc if I never tried it before. There are sooooooo many strains out there. I dont know where to begin. I spoke with a ND who said I should start with tinctures first becaue I can control it with one drop at a time. What are your thoughts? Money is tight for me as Im on disability and I am also concerned if I try a tincture and it crashes me I wasted $63 and cant use it.  He recommended like an 18:1 cbd to thc ratio in tincture. I dont know.  I need to be super supeer careful staart out slow and I cant spend much espeically to experiment what works for me. Im desperate and I need help. I think this is my last resort. Im bedridden and wasting away and feel like Im dying. I havent even began to taper and in severe tolerence withdrawls after swtiching generics around. So appreciate any suggestions as this is so overwhelming

I would like to try this but I dont know where to begin. never smoked or tried it before. Im extremely sensitive and my adrenals crash easily. I heard cbd lowers cortisol levels and thc raises it. I have low cortisol levels but I have severe anxiety and I dont know if I can hanlde thc if I never tried it before. There are sooooooo many strains out there. I dont know where to begin. I spoke with a ND who said I should start with tinctures first becaue I can control it with one drop at a time. What are your thoughts? Money is tight for me as Im on disability and I am also concerned if I try a tincture and it crashes me I wasted $63 and cant use it.  He recommended like an 18:1 cbd to thc ratio in tincture. I dont know.  I need to be super supeer careful staart out slow and I cant spend much espeically to experiment what works for me. Im desperate and I need help. I think this is my last resort. Im bedridden and wasting away and feel like Im dying. I havent even began to taper and in severe tolerence withdrawls after swtiching generics around. So appreciate any suggestions as this is so overwhelming

Hi Lila7,

Very sorry to hear your suffering so much. I do know what you mean about being bedridden, wasting away, and feel like I am dying. I don't use marijuana everyday, only when I feel I have no other options to bring me out of the downward cycle.

I think the best thing to do is go to a dispensary and talk to a knowledgeable person about your condition and say you want to start very slow to see how you react. They know how to do this. Let me know if you can do this. If not maybe someone who reads your message here can go to a dispensary with your message and get advice for you.

18:1 CBD/THC is starting out just about as low as it gets. Start by taking a small amount and increase the amount daily until you feel comfortable.

Tinctures are processed through your liver. This means it takes longer to kick in about 60-90 minutes, and gives more a body sensation than head change like smoking does.

Its very safe. Nobody has ever died taking cannabis or hemp. It works really well for me. Im on day 54 of a 2 mg taper. I cut 8% again about a week ago. I take 5mg of THC tincture

twice a day and am smoking higher thc strains and my cloneazepam wd's are starting to feel under control.

18:1 CBD/THC is starting out just about as low as it gets. Start by taking a small amount and increase the amount daily until you feel comfortable.

Tinctures are processed through your liver. This means it takes longer to kick in about 60-90 minutes, and gives more a body sensation than head change like smoking does.

Its very safe. Nobody has ever died taking cannabis or hemp. It works really well for me. Im on day 54 of a 2 mg taper. I cut 8% again about a week ago. I take 5mg of THC tincture

twice a day and am smoking higher thc strains and my cloneazepam wd's are starting to feel under control.

Thank you for sharing what you are doing. I don't know what to do about my specific case. Im terrifed because the more I try something to stabalzie or make my symptoms better the worse it gets.  I made a mistake of switching generics and it feels almost as if I cold turkeyed it is barely working in my system and I have been through hell the past 10 days with my body shutting down. I have been on .5mg for 11 years holding it after tapering 1.5 to .5m 2 years before. I should have tapered completely off it back then because I wasnt this sick and addicted. I held my taper so long and it actually normalized in my body and I was fine until the generic was not working and had tired swtiching around a cuple of times then back to the original one and it messed me up so now Im on a new one and afraid to switch back.

I tried a 1:1 cbd thc 2 nights ago and only did one drop. It was very strong for me as I never did cannabis. It was a hybrid and it woke my brain up but calmed down the neuro issues in my body for a couple of hours. I wasnt able to sleep though. The next day I took my klonopin and it seemed to work more in my system and felt drugged up on it. Was wondering if it had to do with the cannabis still in my system because normally with this new generic I dont feel Im taking anything then after 7 or 8 hours the neuro issues came back worse than before I ever tried that one drop of cannabis and my body was on fire and the worst pain in my life with the electrical shocks.  I didnt know there could be a whole new level of pain. I barely made it through the night.

I dont know if this means I need to have cannabis in my system constantly to avoid the pain or will I develop a tolerence to it and then Im in a whole bigger than I am now. Also Im on disablity and dont have the financail means to keep up with this if i do develop a tolerence and need more and more cannabis. Im so scared I dont know what to do Im suffering so much and in agony.  I have postponed oral surgery that I desperately need because Im in so much agony wih the withdrawls and becasue my body is so haywire Im scared that if I take general anesthesia or any pain meds once it leaves my symptoms I will be in moe withdrwals and pain than I alreeady am now since it i keeps getting worse.  I tried NAC  2 days after I changed tothe generic and it knocked me out but the next day my symptoms got worse. I am so desperate and scared and dont know what to do all I know is im getting worse. 

Is cannabis interacting with the klonpin? Also I dont know if I heard of anyone with this severe symtpoms who is in tolerence withdrawals on the same dose all these years. Like this intense but I made things worse by swtiching generics around.  I cant stand one more second of this agony. I cant. Do I need to drug myslef up 24/7 to get through it?  Will it stop working eventually?  How will I afford it? How will I make it?

Tinctures can be ingested orally or you can use a dropper under your tongue and keep it there for a couple of mins before swallowing. Doing this should lead to a more immediate onset (about 15 mins) than if you just swallowed it straight down, where it will take upwards of an hour and more like 90 mins to 2 hours to kick in.

If you're fearful starting out, lila7, the product that has been suggested to you is as gentle as it gets. There's really very little danger (IMO, no danger at all) of anything going wrong as a consequence. The far more likely outcome is you don't notice much of anything until you increase the dose a little. The abundance of products makes this daunting but if you're wanting to try it out, I think you chose the most suitable starting point. Hope it works very well for you.