Anyone interested in gut microbiota and gut dysbiosis?

[Te...]

I don't understand a lot of the scientific literature, but this is of great interest to me and is the foundation of whether or not someone has disease or excellent health.

Since almost all of us are taking pills, this, too, has quite an impact on our gut biomes, whether or not we're anxious, have good elimination, and energy - especially of interest are benzos, antibiotics, blood pressure pills, antipsychotics, SSRIs, etc.

Anyone wiling to add scientific studies and discuss them? I'm not scientific, but I sure would be willing to learn!

Did you know that yoga is good for the stomach microbiome?

Increases microbiome diversity

Consistent exercise is correlated with higher levels of microbiome diversity as well as the amount of healthy strains of bacteria within our gut. As a gentle exercise practice, yoga has the potential to support a flourishing and diverse microbiome.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-28373/how-to-use-yoga-to-detox-your-gut.html

This is what I found out about calcium channel blockers: Calcium channel blockers are commonly used to treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, chest pain and coronary artery disease. But like some antipsychotic medications, seems to inhibit microbiota growth.

This was downright disturbing to me: While most of the 203 human-targeted drugs affected one or a few strains of bacteria, 40 affected at least 10 strains. Chemotherapy drugs, calcium-channel blockers (used to treat high blood pressure), and antipsychotics inhibited more gut bacteria than other medications.Mar 19, 2018 This is NOT good.

I haven't had a hunger pang in YEARS, and I've been on three calcium-channel blockers since 2014: Diltiazem, Nifedipine, and Amlodipine, which has been the worst, causing terrible anxiety, and since it causes stomach problems, probably has been the culprit for my gut dysbiosis. I finally had to get off of it, and as soon as I did, it caused a UTI since it also causes bladder problems.  Hmm...I'm now wondering if it caused the bladder cancer I had.

Of course everyone isn't as sensitive as I am. I'm older, I have a small frame, and I have kidney damage, which causes pills to move much more slowly out of my body.

Doesn't anyone have any gut stories and how to overcome them? What about fermented foods? Do they help? The gut is a BIG deal.

Yes, I did - thanks. But I believe you have to get the right one for your body. I get so mixed up about all the probiotics. It isn't a one-size-fits-all, is it?