Trazadone

[Su...]

I used it and it did help me but others say not to use it long term. I took it when I was off benzos completely and before I knew I was in withdrawal. Took me a while to learn what I was going through but it did help me out.

I stopped benzos completely in March. I just feel like I'm not getting better. I just think I have something really wrong with me now. How long did it take you Pam once you stopped completely? Thank you

I quit cold turkey and it took about 14 months for me to fully recover, it takes our brains a long time to knit back the pathways that were disrupted by the drug.  We wanted instant relief from our troubles and drugs do this for us, but the human body needs time to repair the damage the drugs create. 

• 1 month later...
Trazodone is what set off a spiral of mental health meds for me. I was given it for sleep and it made me SO depressed. I stopped after taking for a month and had horrible withdrawal immediately, but didn't know it because I had never experienced it before (first time ever taking a med like that). My doctor was uneducated and dismissed my symptoms as withdrawal. Long story short, now I'm tapering off of a benzo I wouldn't be on in the first place had I not taken Trazodone. I am highly sensitive to meds, so my experience isn't necessarily the norm. I know an elderly lady at my church who has been taking Trazodone to sleep for years and she's perfectly fine with it. I'm just super sensitive, so it just depends on how your body reacts.