Klonopin withdrawal with CFS

[Ga...]

I Have Cfs and am tapering off Klonopin. Has anyone else here done that? I am having a hard time. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure what Cf's is? I'm bumping this post so others will weigh in. I'm tapering off of Xanax but I definitely recommend going slowly. The Ashton Manual is a good resource for tapering. I'll post the link here. It's recommended to taper your dose at an amount between 5 and 10 percent at the time. The Ashton Manual

I am diagnosed with fibro and cfs, but I don't have any confidence in those diagnosis.  I definitely experience many of the symptoms, but so do most people suffering benzodiazepine or even Antidepressant withdrawals.  I don't think that it will be possible for me to discern what is benzo caused and what is a permanent medical issue until I am on the other side of Klonopin/Paxil withdrawals, so I personally choose to completely disregard fibro/cfs while here with people that are basically temporarily afflicted with shared symptoms as a consequence of these withdrawals.  You can find lots of info and fellow sufferers in regards to the same symptoms but under the benzo header here, so that can definitely be a valuable resource.

There are a fair number of members with cfs and I know that they can be more helpful to you than I.

Good luck on your benzo journey