Ambien withdrawal symptoms?

[Su...]

I am 6 1/2 months post xanax wd and have started on low dose naltrexone for pain. It was a miracle for me and I was able to stop ambien almost 4 weeks ago. I had been on 10 mg every night for over 3 years and had slowly tapered to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg. I often took the ambien to escape pain (ortho and nerve pain) but also did not get sleepy. Since stopping the ambien I thought I was having no wd. But now, for a week or so, I am having sxs that I think may be ambien wd but not sure. Increased pain, skin burning, unable to get warm, nausea and finally, unable to stay awake. I was never able to nap and it is bizarre how much I napped yesterday  and then slept deeply last night. I am beyond thankful for the sleep and I guess I am hoping the sxs are ambien related. I can't seem to find comments about what people have experienced after stopping ambien. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ambien is a "Z" class drug that works very much like a Benzo even though it's classified as a "hypnotic."

The symptoms you are describing are consistent with Benzo/Ambien WD

Aloha had a pretty severe Ambien WD experience and might chime in?

But rest assured, everything you are experiencing is "normal" regarding symptoms!

I have never heard of anyone not being able to stay awake during an Ambien withdrawal. That certainly was not my problem. 10 mg. of Ambien a night for that long would have the potential to give withdrawal problems, but I would think that they would usually be preceded by tolerance withdrawal while still on the meds. I suppose that anything is possible, but your lack of insomnia makes me wonder if perhaps something else is going on. I would take all the sleep that I can get for a few nights and talk to a doctor if the other symptoms persist.

• 1 month later...
I was on both Ambien and Ambien CR and my body got use to it rather quick. One month in and I could not fall asleep on my own, where as before Ambien I could at least fall asleep, but I couldn't stay asleep. I was awake ALL the time unless I took the Ambien. I've never heard of anyone sleeping too much from withdrawal. Quite the opposite, usually.

The same happened to me. I couldn’t sleep without zopiclone at all. And even while on it didn’t give me much. Wish I had that problem xx