Loosing senses

[Co...]

• 3 weeks later...

SouthernBelle08 - Dod you sense of touch go wrong?

Like whole body is rubber and objects don’t feel solid in hands etc.

Can’t bear to touch my partner because he feels like he is made of rubber too.

My sense of touch was definitely weird. Still can be from time to time. But mine felt like more like numbness in my hands, and touching or rubbing things gave me the feeling like when you shudder at nails on a chalkboard. So tried to avoid touching things.

Hands have been good for quite sometime, but last two days have been just a tiny bit of numbness in my left hand. Grrrrrrrrr

Does anyone else have a fear that they are going to like literally loose a sense like eyesight, or hearing or anything?

In my first year off (a 30 year habit of nightly benzos, and going CT-) I had disturbances of ALL my senses. Oh how weird that was. Things sounded weird, like the ticking of my clocks. I had to remove their batteries, s they sounded so ominous. Taste was off so was smell. Food did not smell good, so I just didnt eat. I had "formication" - this feeling likes tiny insects were walking allover me.  Back thenI had a real avulsion of ants, almost like a phobia. So feeling like they were all over me was....unbearable.

Keep in your mind that ALL your wd symptoms come from your brain. And that does explain why they are so awful. so difficult to cope with.

Rest assured that what you are experiencing is normal for us. I know thats hard to get, but it IS the truth.

east (Annie)

There were times when I thought i would lose my eyesight. When I first started my taper I started having double vision and it would last days at a time. I remember going out in the early morning once and looking up at the moon that was still in the sky and I saw two of them, I thought "well this aint no good"

Good luck