Has anyone had interaction from Onions?

[li...]

I have been in tolerence withdrawal not sleeping and I normally dont eat any spices for other health issues. I had onion in my meal and noticed I was knocked out as if it made he klonopin work better in my system. I am concerned because I have become so sesntive that the next day it would put me in intense withdrawals if it is out of my system. I am thinking it must be the onion because that is the only thing I did differently. Just wondering if anyone had this experience with onions?

• 1 month later...

HI, I had a very weird experience. the other day I was cooking and was making a soup with onions and other spices. I placed the onions first on boiling water and let it for a while, the smell started making me get a horrible headache! big time, and a little bit of nausea.

It's so weird.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes onions have anti bacterial qualities.  Very good for you but can reve up symptoms. Don’t worry about food sensitivities. It doesn’t mean your getting worse

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to understand your post. Are you saying that onions seemed to have an almost sedating effect and you're worried about a potential rebound effect tomorrow? If that is the case, why not see how tomorrow goes?

It kinda sounds like you might be focusing too hard on the small stuff, worrying that there might be monsters under the bed. The thing with benzo withdrawal (and life in general, but more so in benzo withdrawal) is that if you start to believe those monsters might be there, they are more likely to surface. Try to limit your worries to what you're a little more sure about, rather than speculating. I am sure you have too much on that list without adding stuff that might not be there.

In any case, one event like this is not enough to establish the onion as a cause. You're in benzo withdrawal, strange symptoms happen all the time regardless of what we do and what we eat. If it were possible to construct a plan which if followed would eliminate symptoms, we'd all be doing it. Until you see a pattern, I would consider this a coincidence. Please don't be scared of onions. Even if they're not so great for you, they're not going to cause significant harm if you eat them once or twice more before cutting them from your diet. Of course, you could just cut them to be safe, which is fine as long as the list of foods you eliminate "just to be safe" doesn't get too long.

I'm trying to understand your post. Are you saying that onions seemed to have an almost sedating effect and you're worried about a potential rebound effect tomorrow? If that is the case, why not see how tomorrow goes?

It kinda sounds like you might be focusing too hard on the small stuff, worrying that there might be monsters under the bed. The thing with benzo withdrawal (and life in general, but more so in benzo withdrawal) is that if you start to believe those monsters might be there, they are more likely to surface. Try to limit your worries to what you're a little more sure about, rather than speculating. I am sure you have too much on that list without adding stuff that might not be there.

In any case, one event like this is not enough to establish the onion as a cause. You're in benzo withdrawal, strange symptoms happen all the time regardless of what we do and what we eat. If it were possible to construct a plan which if followed would eliminate symptoms, we'd all be doing it. Until you see a pattern, I would consider this a coincidence. Please don't be scared of onions. Even if they're not so great for you, they're not going to cause significant harm if you eat them once or twice more before cutting them from your diet. Of course, you could just cut them to be safe, which is fine as long as the list of foods you eliminate "just to be safe" doesn't get too long.

I am in severe tolrecne withdrawals  paritally from food interactions with my benzo. I have not come across anyone is all the supports I belong to expereincing this and it is scary to be in this siutaioiin because it has caused me so much phyiscal sffering. When onions or any food suplents even benefiber interact with the klonpin Im on it enhances the effects so much as if it feels like I updosed and when it runs out of my system it puts me in more withrawls. Each time this happens I get worse and worse with my withdrawls. Its os bad that Im practically nonufnctional.  Benefiber made klonpin last 28 hours in my body and when it ran out I had the most excrucating neuro pains and everythng got worse so much so I had to cancel my oral surgery which was urgent and I sitll am unable to do the surgery dont know if I can. As I get sicker and sicker my friends and everyone are sick of me and bandoned me.  I had one last person helping me out and she doesnt want anyting to do with this anymore and my friends are mad that i dont go to detox or the ER and get help.  Im so senstive and fragile I cant take any medication without shutting my body down and  Im afraid to try new ones afraid it will hurt me.  I told them repeatedly that I hve tried all the meds they give in detox years ago and itdidnt work for me and that was when I was functioanl and didnt have these shut down with medication just they didnt work and made me sick. Now Im more fragiel and cant do it. I tell them this over nad over and also they dont want to give me a ride to the ER they want me to go alone when they know Im very scared hae ptsd and cant do it alone dont have family to help or anything. They had enough of me. I have so many serious things going onat the same time that would require surgery but I dont see how I can do it when Im in crisis. Im afraid to updose esp on this generic. the genreics at the hospiatl are the ones I cant take. I feel so hopeless and cant even start to taper because I can even handle multple dosing I have to keep going back to single dosing and then i have worse interdose withdrawls.  The wisdom teeth really bad and cant do it. No sleep at night so much pain and afraid of the interaction of the genreal anestiehsai with the klonpin since everythig interacts with it and wouldnt be able to handle more withdralw and neuro pian afterards. Cant eliminate becaue my colon has major issues and need surgery but wouldnt be able to handle any of it Im too sick down to 103 lbs and bedriden and nonfucntional. So sorry I know I added stuff that isnt about this subject but Im in such a crisis situation and have tpds frzoen cant make decisioins told my frined and ex that and they sitll expect me to take care of myself  Itold them that I cant.....I really cant. My brain is broken and daamaged . I have to move next week also in this conditin. Im homeless sort of.  My parentd who are eledry dont want me back and dont want to deal with my suffering. My brother also doesnt want to I have abosultey nobody. I also feel like my siutatioin is hopless with my healht issues at the same time as this going on.  wisdom tooth is so bad should have been done  year ago when i frist had symptoms.  Im a ticking time bomb.  Yet Im too sick to do it. I cant elmimnae the entire part in the bottom is borken from getting a colonic that went bad 10 years ago and Id idnt do anyting about it because of ptsd and nobody helping me then either andbeing neglected by my faimily instead of getting help someone finding me a doctor coming to appt with me and holding my hand through my fears. Nbody and I let it get worse and worse and worse until now everying happening at once.  I still cant get myself to do anyting aboutit. I woulndt be able to even drink the drink for a colonoscipy because i cant handle the ingreidnwts and also wouldnt be able to elimiante .  I am afraid alslo of abx because my damaged cns. Too much too much.  everyting effects me adversly. I have been so dperessed I have no desire to even go out for fresh air and walk around i dont do any exercise at all I used to be very active in the past dance and yoga and hike. cant get myself to go outside.. Told my ex and he was suppose to come and visit me but bailed on me too for 2 months.  He has lame excuses as to why not to see me. He knows im all alone and isolated. 3 of my friends stopped praying for me and the abandonement has led me down a dark doswnaard spiral. tnhe abandonment is what causedthings toget even worse.

Don't be sorry for sharing. It sounds like something you needed to say.

I know what it is like to be judged in the way that your friends and family seem to be judging you. It's clear to me that you have some serious health issues and it's understandable if your relationships with other people are more one sided than is ideal. What I would encourage you to do is not take it personally if you can help it. It's intensely frustrating that people prefer to remain ignorant rather than step in to provide help. I think that people feel like they can't cope with something so intense, are afraid that their lack of expertise might make things worse if they try to help and generally the people who could help tend to leave it to one another. The people around you likely don't understand or accept your reasoning for not getting medical help at this time and use that as a justification to not get involved. They say "if she won't help herself, it's not up to me to get involved". Perhaps because of your PTSD you have reacted with anger when somebody has tried to push too hard for you to get medical assistance, and that makes it easier to walk away. They can justify abandoning you if they feel like you did them wrong.

This isn't about onions anymore, obviously. I assume you're alright with that. For me, first thing is first and you need a more robust support network. I see that you haven't made that many posts here. Did you notice that there is a "Support Groups" forum? It has more of a community vibe. Choose a thread that applies to you and start posting. You'll find people that can relate to what you're going through and perhaps make a friend. Since you're in a dark place and not feeling able to do much, perhaps you can think of just one small thing that you can add into your routine that will be good for you in the long run. This could be as simple as walking to a local shop if that is an option for you. Anything that is an upgrade on doing absolutely nothing. Hell, if you're bedridden, it could just be to increase your time out of bed by an hour each day.

Finally, I can see why your friends think you need help. I think you could benefit from developing a relationship with a counsellor. Perhaps in the time of covid, they could be telephone sessions at least initially. I think you need help with the trauma aspect of this and if you do get help, you may find that your friends and family slowly come back into your life. It's sad that it's like that and I'm still hurt that people who I thought knew me well would stick the boot in when I was clearly in a state of crisis. Now I can see that those are the people that are really sick and need help.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're in a difficult moment and just need to share. If I don't reply immediately, it's because I don't check regularly. There are undoubtedly better outlets and I hope that you will try to get the support like I suggested. But if things seem impossible and you're not sure how, I want you to know that I don't mind helping.