Fearing the worst case scenario

[jo...]

Oh yes, doom and gloom are what benzo's produce the most of.  I've always been a positive person, when someone would ask, hey how are you, I'd always say great!  Couldn't do that during withdrawal though, because I couldn't see anything but my misery.  Somehow the drug convinces us that there is no hope, it amazed me how much power it has.  This is temporary, I promise it gets better when you heal, really!

I know anxiety is common in w/d, but is fearing the worst case scenario also a feature of benzo w/d?

Thank you

Most definitely.

I have never felt like this before in my life until benzos entered the picture.  Hang in there, we will all make it through this.

I don't know if you had any anxiety PRE-benzo but almost everyone that take benzos the reason the started to take them was because of all the OVER thinking of every body pain and ache

what if i am having a heart attack

what if i am having a stroke

my legs hurt what if I have a blood clot

etc..

those where common thoughts of my mind pre benzo and during useage just less often

now that i am off they cross my mind but I now do A LOT of positive self talk and out think the negative thoughts!!!

I hope you feel better soon use positive self talk and things will get easier

Lee :smitten:

Probably.  I did a lot before being on a benzo, but seems like I did panic and assume the worst would happen throughout withdrawal.  Although on the other hand when people on here told me I would have this symptom and that symptom I said i was NOT going to assume I would.  And I didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably.  I did a lot before being on a benzo, but seems like I did panic and assume the worst would happen throughout withdrawal.  Although on the other hand when people on here told me I would have this symptom and that symptom I said i was NOT going to assume I would.  And I didn't.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks, midnight.

It's called catastrophizing and is a common feature of both benzo withdrawal and clinical depression.

Nothing to worry about, it will go of its own accord.