Author Topic: Fearing the worst case scenario  (Read 1375 times)

[Buddie]

Fearing the worst case scenario
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:07 pm »
I know anxiety is common in w/d, but is fearing the worst case scenario also a feature of benzo w/d?

Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Fearing the worst case scenario
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »
Oh yes, doom and gloom are what benzo's produce the most of.  I've always been a positive person, when someone would ask, hey how are you, I'd always say great!  Couldn't do that during withdrawal though, because I couldn't see anything but my misery.  Somehow the drug convinces us that there is no hope, it amazed me how much power it has.  This is temporary, I promise it gets better when you heal, really!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:31:12 pm »
I know anxiety is common in w/d, but is fearing the worst case scenario also a feature of benzo w/d?

Thank you

Most definitely.

I have never felt like this before in my life until benzos entered the picture.  Hang in there, we will all make it through this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:19:44 pm »
I don't know if you had any anxiety PRE-benzo but almost everyone that take benzos the reason the started to take them was because of all the OVER thinking of every body pain and ache

what if i am having a heart attack
what if i am having a stroke
my legs hurt what if I have a blood clot
etc..

those where common thoughts of my mind pre benzo and during useage just less often

now that i am off they cross my mind but I now do A LOT of positive self talk and out think the negative thoughts!!!

I hope you feel better soon use positive self talk and things will get easier

Lee :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 02:35:44 am »
Thanks [...], [...], and [...], I now feel reassured that the worst wont happen, and its down to benzo.

love
J x

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:20 am »
Probably.  I did a lot before being on a benzo, but seems like I did panic and assume the worst would happen throughout withdrawal.  Although on the other hand when people on here told me I would have this symptom and that symptom I said i was NOT going to assume I would.  And I didn't.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 04:28:19 am »
Probably.  I did a lot before being on a benzo, but seems like I did panic and assume the worst would happen throughout withdrawal.  Although on the other hand when people on here told me I would have this symptom and that symptom I said i was NOT going to assume I would.  And I didn't.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks, [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:58 am »
It's called catastrophizing and is a common feature of both benzo withdrawal and clinical depression.

Nothing to worry about, it will go of its own accord.