I was polydrugged...will I heal?

[fd...]

[fd...]

Sometimes I wonder if my kindled polydrugged brain will heal...

I see my signature and feel like one of the worse case...

I know nobody can predict...

Read my signature... I too was polydrugged and ect and benzos. I have definitely seen positive changes. Healing happens.

Waves can be intense and scream at us the lie that we will not heal. But then the window-y days come and we get a taste of what is to come. Hang on to the window days. And sometimes we just need to come online and get reassurance to make it another day:)

From a science perspective it takes time for nerves and systems to heal. time we feel we don't have, but nevertheless it is what is needed.

You're going to wonder how the heck you're going to make it another day or even another hour...but we somehow do. It isn't a nightmare the whole time. Theres intense periods and then periods of some relief. And then eventually the relief outweighs the intense times. 

Flood yourself with positive inputs right now and as much self care as possible. Be compassionate to yourself. You have a future ahead of you to live for. All of this is just temporary.

Other members on here were in our situation too and have healed.  :smitten:

[fd...]

I am a hole lot better. But just want to reach full recovery someday!

I get discouraged reading on here. And seing most benzo superstar still not healed...I mean people who are blogging or doing youtube videos. I really want to be hopeful...

But can I take years of recovery...it already feels like forever...

I want to remind you of something that I need to remind myself of too...theres lots of successes out there we are not seeing bc they aren't the ones making videos and posting bc they have found their life again They have run with it and never want to look back (and I totally understand that!)

Its kind of like reviews on a product..too often you see the negative reviews bc the people who are happy with the product don't feel the need to go online and write about it..they just go on. Its the unhappy that most often post.

People recovered from medical conditions really go back to hang out in treatment centers - they want to get back to living. So please don't measure outcomes based on the online videos and blogs.

But thank God some ppl do come back to offer hope and healing!

there are many people who were polydrugged who healed completely and have written success stories.

i’m getting closer to that day. yes we may be some of the worst case scenarios that just means we can’t give up.

we will heal!!

[90...]

Read my signature... I too was polydrugged and ect and benzos. I have definitely seen positive changes. Healing happens.

Waves can be intense and scream at us the lie that we will not heal. But then the window-y days come and we get a taste of what is to come. Hang on to the window days. And sometimes we just need to come online and get reassurance to make it another day:)

From a science perspective it takes time for nerves and systems to heal. time we feel we don't have, but nevertheless it is what is needed.

You're going to wonder how the heck you're going to make it another day or even another hour...but we somehow do. It isn't a nightmare the whole time. Theres intense periods and then periods of some relief. And then eventually the relief outweighs the intense times. 

Flood yourself with positive inputs right now and as much self care as possible. Be compassionate to yourself. You have a future ahead of you to live for. All of this is just temporary.

Other members on here were in our situation too and have healed.  :smitten:

I saw in ypur sign you did ECT...did it helped you in someway? I had 12 ECT all.I got was a memory loss...

Hello Merrymary,

There is a nice video (benzo meditation:

) which I would like you to watch. Listen to each word carefully and read the credits for the video at the end. It was put together by polydrug survivors.

Hopefully, that will give you hope that, in time, you too will heal completely.

SG

When did you jump?

Most of us were probably on more than one psych drug because Big Pharma are a bunch of pill pushers.

In my opinion they all make us worse not better.

You definitely will heal from every drug you go off of. However the healing time frames vary. Some people are fast healers and some may take years to heal from all of it.

It's not a fun ride, but you need to know that each drug does a number on your brain and body neurotransmitters. These take tiem to regrow and rebalance.

You will heal. You are healing! The symptoms mean you are healing!

Just remember MerryMary everyday you are healing. It all adds up. Many have healed completely who have taken more than one psych drug. That is the evidence. Keep going, it gets better.

Becky