I really need help!

[...]

I’m having the most challenging symptoms I’ve ever had at 8 months and 12 days off of Valium. I really need advice! The head pressure, pulsating tinnitus, elevated blood pressure and fear is unrelenting! I have been totally functional during my taper since I jumped, with a few brief times when things got bad. Those times were brief and I persevered. I feel like I can’t take much more. What do you do when it gets this bad? I’ve been checked out medically and all seems ok. The only Rx I take is a blood pressure pill. I’ve been to the ER 5 times this year and nothing is ever wrong with me. I did have a kidney infection back in April, but recovered.

Any advice would be so helpful! Thanks, Sandy

I think we all have those days...I learned that it will get better tomorrow (as in the near term...). go for a walk, do anything to take your mind off of your w/d. Even at 18 months I have a day or two more often than I like where life craps on me...but it always gets better, yours will too....Ii promise!

[26...]

When I get like you are, I label it an “episode.”  I know labeling is not ideal but for me, it reminds me that the “episode” is only temporary and the “episode” ends with a recovery period.  Some “episodes” are harder than others...

These days, I am still “episodic” lol...I am laughing because at this point in my post I’ve used the word episode too many times...it no longer holds value for me, where as months ago it did.  I feared I would be episodic forever, but as time goes on, episodes are less and less...further apart, not as easily triggered etc.

Our nerves are completely raw, it can be really painful for some, not so much for others.  Unfortunately, not many doctors can help us.  I have found Naturopathic Doctors are the most supportive, and in the world of celebrities Jordan Peterson was able to buy a Serbian anesthesiologist to help.  In our world, Naturopaths get it, and I found a CBT therapist that gets it.  I do Activities with my therapist, not just sit and cry how miserable I am.  It’s helping, I’m healing.

I am sorry you are suffering, I know the pain all too well.  I wish you comfort and healing.

Love

Fiercey

Thank you so much fiercey! I like the “episode” idea. I’ve been referring to mine as “spells!” This spell I’m going through now has got to be the most challenging one I’ve had. I think it is starting to let up! I so appreciate input from others who can relate to what I’m going through. Wishing you well!

Thanks again, Sandy

I’m in the same place that you are. I had the head pressure and ear/jaw pain not long ago, it’s gone for now. Right now I’m struggling with mouth issues....swollen sensitive gums and a little bit of dry mouth. I do have some almost normal days and think it’s about over but then something new comes along. Was driving home from work today thinking that I just want to be normal! It gets old but I do believe it will get better.