14 months of hardship behind me

[Ju...]

In just a couple days, I will be 14 months off of a Klonopin cold turkey. This is not my first time quitting benzos, but longest, and it will be my last. This time has been hell on Earth to say the least.

The past week, I have had some symptoms that were just as bad as the acute symptoms when I first came home from the hospital. But they come and go, and there's a huge improvement from when I first came home.

I get a lot more sleep, but I don't have any sleep schedule whatsoever. Sometimes I sleep during the day and sometimes I sleep during the night.

And I still have severe symptoms from time to time, but I also get times when I have really good windows.

I have really pissed off a lot of people throughout this process, but things happen and you just move on. Everybody will heal is my opinion. Sometimes it takes a long time, but we all heal. And for those who say they haven't healed, I just think they haven't given it enough time.

If I hadn't started to see so much progress, I would think it was permanent. But I'm hanging in there so that I have my permanent Freedom instead.

Justintime: Your post makes me emotional. I so happy for you that you can see your progress and tell us that you see the healing. You've been through a lot and I really want to see you have a beautiful life. You actually passed my mind recently and I wondered how you were doing.

Glad to see this post  :thumbsup:.

Thanks, means a lot. I actually went to hell and back with my benzo withdrawal and now I'm doing a little better. This is definitely not a linear process, and I was foolish and thought that I was almost healed several months back. But I was wrong, dead wrong.

And yeah I haven't been on benzo buddies in a long time, I saw too much negative stuff and too much of the exact same post over and over and started getting down on myself so disappeared.

But now that I come back, I see why people say it's a long process and you get long Windows & Waves and things change everyday. Literally every single day is completely different for the most part.

Keeping your sanity is the hardest part, aside from the physical symptoms and anxiety, it's just knowing that you're going to be all right. We all got this.

Good to see you posting again Justintime..

:)

Was thinking (from another thread) you got the “Live Life.. -Play Hard..” thing down pat..!!

Keep chipping your way through it all, -back towards a more level playing field..

:)