Akathisia

[Ms...]

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for this reference. I had a really intense sensations and movements, just had to move because sitting still was not an option. At times it was really painful, although, I never did experience anything close to what I watched in the video about Stephanie. I am in the process of trying to quit and this information made me realize my symptoms might get much worse this next time I’m quitting. I often like to dive in headfirst to things and just get through the brutal, agonizing hard part. Like I’m some kind of awesome “I can handle whatever is dished out to me”. BS.  I am so freaking scared of beginning my taper.

It is a scary process and it will get worse before it gets better.  You have to be ready, willing, and able to resist the urge to reinstate. 

Before you taper, ask yourself if you are ready.  Do you have unresolved issues that need to be addressed?  Have you done any therapy and have you developed techniques for coping with your anxiety?  Are you trying to practice good sleep hygiene and develop ways for coping with insomnia?