Today is my last day on psychiatric drugs

[ma...]

Dear all, after a 3 year-long journey through Ativan dependence, unhealthy habits like smoking, toxic relationships, and Effexor dependence, tomorrow I'll be completely free of psychiatric drugs.

Congratulations to me  :):thumbsup::yippee:

Thank you, I'm feeling good, excited and decided to endure the pain. Muscle and joint pain was my main benzo withdrawal symptom and now it has been showing up again with the smaller antidepressant doses. Twice last week I had to take an anti-inflammatory to be able to sleep. I'm expecting it to get rougher now after jumping...

Congratulations! I’m on 150 mg Effexor and your story gives me a lot of hope.  :smitten: :smitten:

kitsune, You definitely can do it. Go slow, listen to your body, exercise and, particularly with the antidepressant, try yoga because it REALLY helps you deal with the frightening internal sensations. Lots of love :smitten:

That's very exciting Magnesi!  I'm so happy to hear your amazing progress!  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks GreenCup, yes I'm finally psychiatric drug-free hopefully forever and I'm so thankful to BB, I'll talk about it when I write my success story, I'll give it a few months because I still expect some nasty wds within two to three weeks...

And thank you Lilgma too :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you girls. After a little more than one month from my last dose I'm getting a lot of muscle and joint pain. Sometimes I worry that I may have developed rheumatoid arthritis or even worse. My husband thinks I should see a doctor but I would prefer to give it some more time because I'm absolutely sure he/she will not have a clue about the effects psychiatric drugs might have on muscles and joints. I'm also quite tired but that might be because I'm working a lot (not a lot for the pre-withdrawal me but probably a lot in the current situation). Also, sometimes I get too emotional and I have depressive thoughts when things don't go smoothly. But in general I feel positive and satisfied to be free of medication. And I'm looking forward to getting better...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you LadyDen and bluepm :smitten:

Update after one and a half months: Joint and muscle pain is subsidizing and my daily yoga practice is fully possible again; the main problem now is sleeping; if I have to wake up earlier than usual, am worried, or have something mildly stressfull to do next morning, I simply don't sleep. I'm trying to give it time for my body to adjust and so I avoid stress but of course that is not always possible...

Magnesi, thank you for coming back to update us. I’m glad you’re back to a full yoga practice, I can’t wait until I can do the same. I hope your sleep improves with time.

• 2 weeks later...

Magnesi, thank you for coming back to update us. I’m glad you’re back to a full yoga practice, I can’t wait until I can do the same. I hope your sleep improves with time.

Thank you kitsune, be patient and you'll get there, it's totally possible  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...