Need Mix ratio options verified for LIQUID Intensol 5mg / 1 ml Diazepam (Valium

[Po...]

Hello!

I have serious math understanding problems!!  I just need help confirming the measurements of my tapering mix ratios please!!  I need to get to 1 mg = 1 ml mix in a jar so I can measure easily to continue on tapering.

Can someone please triple check that the ratio of my Liquid RX to water is correct for my mix?  I'm good with the reduction plan spreadsheet, but not solid on the math of what I mix up to take as the liquid portion of my daily dosage.

I was previously told the following to dilute my liquid Rx, which is 5 mg per each ML Intensol.  (I think this is a more concentrated than the Rx that most Dr's usually prescribe).

If you want to dilute it:

1) Put 10 ml of your pharma liquid (5mg/1ml) in a suitable container

2)Add 40ml distilled water

You now have a solution that equals 1mg/1ml

So, this will be 10 mls = 50 mgs med  with only 40 ML'ls of water.  The med to water ratio seems really high?????? 

Is that supposed to be 10 mg (which is 2 ML's) + 40 ML's of water??  OR is it really 10 mls of my Rx liquid???

***I want to get to a 1 mg = 1 ml ratio with my  5mg/1ml liquid Rx.****

A couple of different mix options (different volumes that all achieve my 1 mg / 1 ml  would be appreciated.

(When I was doing Ativan pills, I was given a beginning ration of 1:2:8  1 mg pill,  2 ml vodka, 8 ml water  it added up to even 10 and then I could just multiply each piece of that ratio by 10.    So I think that was 1 mg pill to 10 ml total liquid. 

********The formula I was given above of 50 mgs of med (10 mls) to 40 mls of water just doesn't sound right to me.  It may be 100% correct, but I seriously need this checked please!!!!!!!!!!!!*******  Also, what exactly is the bottom ratio that all future multiplications can be made from for my med?

I know difference is not talking pills.... now taking liquid RX.  Also,  now Valium, not Ativan.  I know 1 mg A = 10 V.  So I do know I am taking more mgs due to x10 by switching my meds.)

I have put 2 mls  of 5mg/1ml liquid valium in a jar right now.  I need to know how much water to add to that to get to 1 mg = 1ml. 

I hope I am making my question clear!!!  Please ask me any questions if I am not being clear enough. 

Hi Positive1!

Hello!

I have serious math understanding problems!!  I just need help confirming the measurements of my tapering mix ratios please!!  I need to get to 1 mg = 1 ml mix in a jar so I can measure easily to continue on tapering.

Can someone please triple check that the ratio of my Liquid RX to water is correct for my mix?  I'm good with the reduction plan spreadsheet, but not solid on the math of what I mix up to take as the liquid portion of my daily dosage.

I was previously told the following to dilute my liquid Rx, which is 5 mg per each ML Intensol.  (I think this is a more concentrated than the Rx that most Dr's usually prescribe).

If you want to dilute it:

1) Put 10 ml of your pharma liquid (5mg/1ml) in a suitable container

2)Add 40ml distilled water

You now have a solution that equals 1mg/1ml

So, this will be 10 mls = 50 mgs med  with only 40 ML'ls of water.  The med to water ratio seems really high??????

The instructions are correct.

10 mL x (5 mg/1 mL) = 50 mg 

40 mL water + 10 mL liquid diazepam = 50 mL

Result = 50 mg/50 mL = 1 mg/1 mL

Is that supposed to be 10 mg (which is 2 ML's) + 40 ML's of water??  OR is it really 10 mls of my Rx liquid???

No, 10 mg (which is 2 mL) would be:

2 mL x 5 mg/1 ml =10 mg

40 mL water + 2 mL liquid diazepam = 42 mL

Result = 10 mg/42 mL = 0.238 mg/1 mL

***I want to get to a 1 mg = 1 ml ratio with my  5mg/1ml liquid Rx.****

A couple of different mix options (different volumes that all achieve my 1 mg / 1 ml  would be appreciated.

(When I was doing Ativan pills, I was given a beginning ration of 1:2:8  1 mg pill,  2 ml vodka, 8 ml water  it added up to even 10 and then I could just multiply each piece of that ratio by 10.    So I think that was 1 mg pill to 10 ml total liquid. 

********The formula I was given above of 50 mgs of med (10 mls) to 40 mls of water just doesn't sound right to me.  It may be 100% correct, but I seriously need this checked please!!!!!!!!!!!!*******  Also, what exactly is the bottom ratio that all future multiplications can be made from for my med?

I know difference is not talking pills.... now taking liquid RX.  Also,  now Valium, not Ativan.  I know 1 mg A = 10 V.  So I do know I am taking more mgs due to x10 by switching my meds.)

I have put 2 mls  of 5mg/1ml liquid valium in a jar right now.  I need to know how much water to add to that to get to 1 mg = 1ml. 

2 mL x 5 mg/1 mL = 10 mg

8 mL water + 2 mL liquid diazepam = 10 mL

Result = 10 mg/10 mL = 1 mg/1 mL

I hope I am making my question clear!!!  Please ask me any questions if I am not being clear enough.

Hope this helps!

PS--

Also, what exactly is the bottom ratio that all future multiplications can be made from for my med?

1 mL x 5 mg/1 mL = 5 mg

4 mL water + 1 mL liquid diazepam = 5 mL

Result = 5 mg/5 mL = 1 mg/1 mL

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

T H A N K  Y O U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!

Your example gave me the exact math clarity that I needed so that I could *understand* it 100%!

Thank you KOKO LEE for breaking it down like this for me:

10 mL x (5 mg/1 mL) = 50 mg 

40 mL water + 10 mL liquid diazepam = 50 mL

Result = 50 mg/50 mL = 1 mg/1 mL

And to the lovely person that gave me this math (plus a TON of other detailed info (spreadsheets, syringe examples etc) the first time.... no offense to you!!  I had been using your math, but then for some unknown reason started questioning myself!

I am SOOOOO grateful for the help of everyone on this site!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the time and help that you so generously share here! 

If anyone happens to read this post, I don't come on here often.  Usually to ask a math question and then I just go on with the s l o w process of daily micro tapering.  I've been on a hold with just pills for several months now and am ready to resume the tapering process again!    I'm 50% done!!  My next milestone is to get from 15 to 10, where I will be 70% done!!  So far, going great!!  :)

One more little question, please!

What is  / is not a suitable mix container?  I'm using little glass mason jars. They are full when I put in 50 ML of liquid.  They have a metal screw-on lid. (Not like a metal lid that "pops" when you open a food item though.

When I mix my Rx and water, I get a little white debris at the bottom of the jar.  Not sure if that's just normal like it was with pills mix?  Also, sometimes the top of my jar lid inside gets a little bit of rust on it.  Is all this just normal med  + water reactions?

Is there a certain jar on amazon to recommend or types to avoid?  It hasn't been a problem for me... but, as I progress forward, want to make sure i'm doing everything the right way and this is not something I recall seeing before. (Though I'm sure it's been asked!)

Thanks!