Specific targets of some benzos (Ansseau chart) - need advice

[pi...]

Hi Buddies,

Hope I'm not flooding. I separate subjects to make them more affordable and less messy... and... I have a lot of questions!

Here is an interesting chart showing how different benzo have variation of potency on the different properties (or targets) of the molecule. Pr Ansseau is a great Belgium psychiatric, and the University of Liege is a reputed one.

He chose those :

- Physical anxiety

- psychological anxiety

- Anticonvulsant

- Muscle relaxant

- Sedative hypnotic

Regarding this chart (that I didn't find here somehow), did you know that? Is it useful? Or since, there are new document that came out with more precise information. If this is the case, I would be so thankful to get the source.

Thank you for your time and advices!

Chart here :

YWfxMJW.jpg

Interesting chart, pibellule.

If there's anything to it, why did the doctor treat my partner's anxiety with clonazepam when it's not particularly useful for that purpose?  Why not valium or alprazolam?  Ugh.   

Interesting chart, pibellule.

If there's anything to it, why did the doctor treat my partner's anxiety with clonazepam when it's not particularly useful for that purpose?  Why not valium or alprazolam?  Ugh. 

Because most doctors are not as smart as most people think they are...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to apologize to you, 4MyDaughter and koko, from posting and disappearing. I had a very bad time with a so small taper of 10%  :wacko:

Koko, I think the 4Mydasghter is right. A benzodiazépine is just a benzo. My sister, as a doctor, admitted this, saying that it was also difficult to resist to pharmaceutical company. She said something very clever I think : "They are stealing from us the time we could have to verify what they say"

What I see in this chart, if the datas are real, is that maybe we can separate the things that are the most painful for someone, and try to work on that first by slowly adding a benzo that is not suppose to act those target.

Let's take my example. I was prescribed bzd to get off alcohol. I never had big anxiety nor any pannic attack.But those are the symptoms I can't handle with bzd withdrawal. I call it "looking to the terror right in it's eyes"  ; I mean by that that I am not thinking of something that coul give me some anxiety. There is nothing. It can sometimes go for more than a hour. and when I did C/T the last one lasted for several days. It has no "starting point". It is pure terror.

This is the things I can't handle the less, and they make my everyday life disabled (Is it how it's said in English?)

I can handle the muscles pain, the convulsion, the days without sleep (I have to admit that when it goes for more that 3 nights, I can't stand it). I can handle the physical part I would say even if it's wrong because terror is also physical, but you get the point.)

We all know and studies proved it toot, that the beginning of the tapering is more easy, less impacting everyday life.. So the idea would be to begin a slow switch to a bzd that is not targeting anxiety, and once this substitution is build up, starting the tapering.

In a way it's dumb, but I think there is something in it.

I think that we are too focused on long half-life than the way the different bzd are functioning.

Please, excuse my english, and for you all I wish to go through

For example. And it will sound very silly as I am going to talk about bzd that are hard to withdraw.

I would slowly start substitution from oxazepam to clonazepam (I even would have started with Rohypnol, but it is no more accepted in France.. I would add to this somes modafinil to stay awake and able to work (it has no effect on my nerves) and somthing like carmabazepine to avoid any seizure (1 was enough, thank you)