Anyone else get injured really easily in PAWS?

[81...]

[81...]

I am approximetly one year into PAWS. I go to the gym about twice a week. Before withdrawal I had only been to a physiotherapist once in my life. But since withdrawal and PAWS it feels like its been one injury after another. Tennis elbow, achilles tendonopathy, facet joint issues etc.

I have been to a neurologist who says I have benign fasciculation disorder which is basically just the physical symptoms of my PAWS. But I don't have anything degenerative so I don't understand why this is happening. When I brought this up to him he said its a possibility that it could be caused the withdrawal but that's the most he could say about it.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you deal with it? I just feel like I am geriatric but I'm in my twenties!

I pull muscles just trying to lift duvet off of myself, get out of bed, get to the toilet etc.

Even areas that never had probs with before WD like arms are weak, tight, atrophied and feel like all muscles are brittle.

If try to even gently strengthen or stretch just makes it worse.

• 4 weeks later...

I am approximetly one year into PAWS. I go to the gym about twice a week. Before withdrawal I had only been to a physiotherapist once in my life. But since withdrawal and PAWS it feels like its been one injury after another. Tennis elbow, achilles tendonopathy, facet joint issues etc.

I have been to a neurologist who says I have benign fasciculation disorder which is basically just the physical symptoms of my PAWS. But I don't have anything degenerative so I don't understand why this is happening. When I brought this up to him he said its a possibility that it could be caused the withdrawal but that's the most he could say about it.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you deal with it? I just feel like I am geriatric but I'm in my twenties!

Hi there. I'm an old (47yrs) codger, but yes, definitely am experiencing a range of muscular issues and also dyspraxia which means I experience minor injuries more frequently. The brain is just a bit less co-ordinated, so things that used to be finely tuned in terms of muscular precision aren't so good at the moment, which leads to the rest of it. Don't think it's anything to worry about. I just need to retrain my brain I think, in terms of getting it listening more carefully to my muscle feedback. If that makes sense! I dunno, I might be talking rubbish, but that's how it feels.

• 1 month later...

I pull muscles just trying to lift duvet off of myself, get out of bed, get to the toilet etc.

Even areas that never had probs with before WD like arms are weak, tight, atrophied and feel like all muscles are brittle.

If try to even gently strengthen or stretch just makes it worse.

Ajusta, same thing, the other day I tried a little jogging on the street and definitely the concrete is not friends with my tendons, ligaments and joints, everything hurts, I guess I’m stuck with the elliptical machine

[81...]

Ended up going to a sports doctor and getting diagnosed with general ligament laxity. They did a thing called the Beighton test and figured out all my joints were hypermobile. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the withdrawal which is relief.

I can't jog on concrete either, its to rough on my joints. So I jog on grass now and its much better. I am adjusted my exercise routine to take into account my ligament laxity and I'm doing a lot better now