Numbness in hands at night. anyone else?

[oc...]

I have been waking up at night with one or both hands partially numb. I have been tapering off my medication for a couple years and I had a pretty bad taper (as far as WD symptoms)

The numb hands have been going on for about a year. I had slacked off some over the last month or so but now I woke up this morning with both hands numb.

This never happened before the withdrawal but you still cant never tell.

Yes I get it from time to time when things are ramping up. Woke up last week and my hand was totally dead, flopping around at the end of my arm... Wasn't nice, but hasn't happened since. Think numb hands is pretty common

Yes I get it from time to time when things are ramping up. Woke up last week and my hand was totally dead, flopping around at the end of my arm... Wasn't nice, but hasn't happened since. Think numb hands is pretty common

Sorry you are haing this as well. Its odd that it does it at night while we are sleeping. Its scary not knowing what in the world is goign on.

Mine has never done that until now,.

Yeah, I still deal with patches of my body going numb even though I am doing pretty well overall at 15 months.

Sucks seems like the nerves just take FOREVER to go back to normal.

This sounds very normal to this Old Warrior. Dont let this stuff scare you. Getting off benzos is a big deal, one that will improve your health in so many ways. Withdrawal symptoms are scary! But all of that stuff comes from your brain. Benzo work on your brain, numbing your Fear Center (the amygdala). And when you go off benzos, all hell can break loose. Benzo wd is, in essence, a brain healing adventure.

Keep it simple: eat a decent diet, enough fluids, restr as you can and most of all, try not to panic over this weird stuff. It all gets better once your brain starts truly healing itself. There is nothing you can do to hurry this! Do not be temped to dabble in supplements, as there is nothing that will help your brain to heal faster......except TIME.

I hope to hear from you again.

annie (east)

• 4 weeks later...
Omg yes!!!! I started getting this on and off since February!!! I’ve been to doctors so many times about this, since it only happens in my sleep and it’s not positional either (It’s different than waking up with a numb hand when you slept on top of it all night). They checked my neck (xrays and MRI), they did nerve conduction study, bloodwork - all normal. None of them can determine what it is(I don’t bother mentioning benzo WD, last time I did, they looked at me like I was a nut case). Physio thinks it’s TOS, but after 2-3 months of therapy I got no results and just gave up on doing anything about it. It sort of gets better for a couple of weeks and then comes back again. I have no other explanation for it other then withdrawal.  :'( even though I’m almost a year out

Omg yes!!!! I started getting this on and off since February!!! I’ve been to doctors so many times about this, since it only happens in my sleep and it’s not positional either (It’s different than waking up with a numb hand when you slept on top of it all night). They checked my neck (xrays and MRI), they did nerve conduction study, bloodwork - all normal. None of them can determine what it is(I don’t bother mentioning benzo WD, last time I did, they looked at me like I was a nut case). Physio thinks it’s TOS, but after 2-3 months of therapy I got no results and just gave up on doing anything about it. It sort of gets better for a couple of weeks and then comes back again. I have no other explanation for it other then withdrawal.  :'( even though I’m almost a year out

exactly same as me

exactly same as me

What a relief(not because you’re the same, but that this is “normal” for other people too). I was feeling like I was going crazy

Thanks for all the replies. My numbness started getting less severe for a while and it came back. I happens a few times a night. It has not been as intese as it had been except for one exception.

I hope all of you get get better and heal soon!

Daniel

Mine was back last night too, not had it in ages and thought it had gone. Only half my hands were numb tho. Very strange kept waking me up in between nightmares. So much fun!

Mine was back last night too, not had it in ages and thought it had gone. Only half my hands were numb tho. Very strange kept waking me up in between nightmares. So much fun!

Sorry your numbness has come back. My hand are also only half numb -- usually its my pinky and ring finger and it can be either hand.

Never had this before i started the taper and actually it didnt really start until I was almost done with the taper. The night for this was a few months ago and I woke up with numb finger but also my hand felt like it was being shocked -- crazy stuff.

I hope tonight is better for you. I will pray for you :]

• 3 months later...
Every once and in a while I experience numbness and tingling while sleeping as well. I was informed that this happens due to vitamin B12 deficiency. I would love to take B12 supplements but I am afraid that it will cause me to go back into acute withdrawal. Some vitamins and supplements doesn’t have an affect on certain people and in some people it does, I’m just not willing to find out if I’m one of them or not lol

This was one of my first symptoms. Numbness in the hands, severe anxiety and then twisted toes. Unfortunately, I did not guess that this was due to poisons and even thought that there was a stroke. After that, he took drugs periodically for another six months, severe insomnia for 3 or 4 months, akathisia and then a sharp refusal.