Need advice for 24/7 Fight or Flight

[Va...]

So as many of you know tapering isn’t easy. Especially once you already hit tolerance. I’ve been experiencing a constant state of panic and fake fear...it’s mainly all in my body but creeps up into my mind. Example, I wake up, I’m tense throughout my whole body, I’m nauseated, I internally shake, my breaths are shallow. It’s the complete psychical make up of a panic attack. This then creeps up into my mind with thoughts such as  “I can’t take this anymore” “I’m going crazy” “I’ll snap soon”...again this is all stemming from my Nervous Systems automatic fear response being on constantly. This is hands down my biggest challenge of withdrawal. Anyone relate? What can I do. Thank you!

hold tapering for a bit...sometimes ppl need to do this when tapering and it usually levels out. Symptoms you're having are normal and yes its rough. I'm so sorry. Mornings are typically the worst:(

[50...]

Try to stay busy doing simple, non-stressful tasks.

Exercise may help, but the intensity and duration seem to matter a lot.

I second the motion to hold. I'm wondering if you really are tolerant to Valium like you say. You've only given it a month before you started tapering. It could be the residual effects of when you first hit tolerance or WD from tapering so fast. Switching to Librium and then to Valium in a month could have something to do with it too.

• 3 weeks later...

Me me me

I can’t figure out how to turn it off.

I’m stuck in hyper vigilant mode.

I take a small dose of a beta blocker To keep my HR down. Once I get panicked I would spend days with HR in 130;s and up.

It is exhausting

This is from glutamate going wild. Some of the things you might want to try are: L-Theanine (or drink lots of black tea) and Vit C (helps protects glutamate receptors from releasing).

This is from glutamate going wild. Some of the things you might want to try are: L-Theanine (or drink lots of black tea) and Vit C (helps protects glutamate receptors from releasing).

Actually, the increased heart rate is noradrenaline going wild. L-Theanine can increase both glutamate and GABA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine). Black tea contains theophylline and caffeine, both of which are stimulatory, which is unlikely to help with your increased heart rate. Vitamin C absolutely doesn't protect glutamate from releasing.

I second what Badsocref said. Those suggestions are much more likely to help than supplements.