Seroquil

[...]

Hi

Am down to 4mg of diazepam after long term clono use.

I just filled a prescription for Seroquil and am truly terrified to take it, but I feel like the lack of sleep is killing me

Wait this out?  I’m just so done with this

Thank you

Personally, I think you should research it. There is a lot of talk about it on here. I took it and did not like it at all. It made me tongue tied and gave me a permanent lisp. Did you doctor tell you that it can cause your muscles to tense up and the only solution is to take a benadryl? Some people can't tolerate any kind of sedative while in withdrawal. Also, Seroquel would bring my nervous system down so much that I would be almost paralyzed. I was fully awake but couldn't lift my head off my pillow.

Cut your Seroquel tab down to tiny little chips, about 2mgs or so and take a very small amount at first at bedtime.  That's what I used to do. 

I'm sure you know this but it is an antipsychotic.

Why doctors think it's fine and dandy to prescribe them for sleep drives me nuts! In my opinion they should only be used for people with true psychosis or schizophrenia.

And yes research it. It's not a mild drug. I did NOT sleep on it either. It was NOT pleasant.

Insomnia is part of WD and it is brutal to get through, but you can! Lots of us have:)

If someone uses something to help sleep there are much milder options like melatonin,CBD, natural supps, and even short term antihistamines, even trazadone is an AD (and yes has side effects) but would still be a lessor of two evils over Seroquel.

Just my thoughts!!!

Hope you catch some sleep soon  :smitten:

I'm sure you know this but it is an antipsychotic.

Why doctors think it's fine and dandy to prescribe them for sleep drives me nuts! In my opinion they should only be used for people with true psychosis or schizophrenia.

And yes research it. It's not a mild drug. I did NOT sleep on it either. It was NOT pleasant.

Insomnia is part of WD and it is brutal to get through, but you can! Lots of us have:)

If someone uses something to help sleep there are much milder options like melatonin,CBD, natural supps, and even short term antihistamines, even trazadone is an AD (and yes has side effects) but would still be a lessor of two evils over Seroquel.

Just my thoughts!!!

Hope you catch some sleep soon  :smitten:

Agreed

• 1 month later...

As someone else in the thread mentioned, I also used it for a while but I only cut small pieces of it. I cut a small piece of the pill and it would put me to sleep. I would start slow with it but really read about it. Its not something you want to be on long term.

Good luck

[c9...]
Hydroxyzine is a safe alternative to quetiapine. There are also sedating antidepressants trazodone and agomelatin, orexin antagonist lemborexant, and CBD oil.

Hi

Am down to 4mg of diazepam after long term clono use.

I just filled a prescription for Seroquil and am truly terrified to take it, but I feel like the lack of sleep is killing me

Wait this out?  I’m just so done with this

Thank you

Seroquel didn't  help me sleep at all. It made my ankles swell up, not even on a big dose.