Lyrica CAUSING nerve pain?

[Ol...]

I have had back and leg pain for many months now and after imaging, physical therapy, chiropractors, etc the doctor considered the idea that I may have Fibromyalgia. It kind of made ssense since I had no injuries. I have back and thigh pain with some numbness in the glutes. I took Lyrica for 2 days, JUST 2 days. I called my doctor and she told me to stop taking it because it CAUSED neuropathic pain all over my body. Almost hot pins and needles randomly striking all over my body. It has been miserable. It has been almost 6 days of nonstop random pain points. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it go away after awhile? Im afraid, probably irrationally, that this will not go away. I dont know how a medication that supposed to calm peripheral neuropathy could cause this much nerve pain!!!!

I tried Gabapentin and had same horrible reaction.

You could look into Low Dose Naltrexone which can help fibro if that is the correct diagnosis but it sounds more localised?

Do you have any Neuro symptoms at all like probs weeing  or anything?

probs weeding? It is pretty localized from my lower back down to my thighs. I used gabapentin in the past but it never did anything like this pain. Did it go away for you? Was it the same kind of widespread pain? How long did it last? Im going on day 6 and im worried i did some permamnat damage

I got a fibro diagnosis and Lyrica Rx a few years back.  The Lyrica induced psychosis and intense hallucinations for a day or two.  My Dr. proposed doubling the dose and I never went back to that guy.  I had so many benzo tolerance withdrawal symptoms at the time, that I really couldn’t tell you physical symptoms or how long they persisted for.

Duloxitine dulled all normal pain, but did not touch the benzo neuropathic pain.  I remember grabbing an iron and feeling no pain as I looked at the melted skin, but the original pain still hurt like hell in my hands.  I had very bad reactions to every Rx and it turns out that the majority of pain was actually caused by benzos, alcohol and anti-depressants putting a beat down on my nervous system for many years. 

The only things that help are substances like alcohol or opiates because it increases the amount of benzos in your body by blocking metabolic process or has a magnifying effect and increase the effects of the benzos.  This approach doesn’t heal anything, makes everything worse when your dependency catches up to the new level and is also how fatal toxicity usually occurs.

I stopped trying to fix fibro symptoms with drugs/supplements and when the benzo withdrawals

took most of the symptom severities to the moon, I could plainly see that a whole lot of the fibro symptoms I had were actually symptoms of the drugs I was taking for fibro/anxiety/depression/fatigue symptoms.

I am still actively suffering BWD and still tapering Paxil(which is as bad as benzos in my opinion), but even in this hell I can see that either my fibro diagnosis was BS or the actual severity of my fibro is only a fraction of what I thought it was. 

I hope you find a bunch of relief on the other side of this suffering also.

I think there is a specific Lyrica Survivors support group online.  There should also be Lyrica info at the surviving antidepressants site also.

probs weeding? It is pretty localized from my lower back down to my thighs. I used gabapentin in the past but it never did anything like this pain. Did it go away for you? Was it the same kind of widespread pain? How long did it last? Im going on day 6 and im worried i did some permamnat damage

Sorry - typo - weeing?

As in going to loo.

Just wondered of pain in back, thighs & numb glutes could be something else.

I think I have tethered cord amongst other things.

All kinds of spinal probs can cause those symptoms - have you had scans?

How long did it take for the psychosis from the lyrica to wear off? So you think your nerve pain was mostly connected to the benzos, so Im just fucked for the rest of my taper/ withdrawal??? Did you get any better? Im just kind of worried. My back and leg pain are the worst and then they added lyrica for only two days and my whole  body is now pins and needles? Is this going to stick around for awhile. Thats what Im worried about.

Hallucinations were just a few days but I am sure that the physical artifacts were likely a few weeks.  I know I didn’t go to work for a week because welding/fabricating was too painful.

I think MOST of my nerve pain was from all the psych drugs and mostly the benzos boosted with weekend alcohol infusions that slowed benzo metabolizing. I would be thrilled if ALL my symptoms disappeared, but I am not banking on that.  Enough have disappeared that even though I am in hell right now, my future is vastly improved.

I really don’t know much about Lyrica except that it has some pretty nasty side effect.  My exposure was one single partial test dose(a small crumb).  At the time I was fully jacked by a daily variety pack of Rx drugs that could have interacted with it besides all my benzos. I would strongly suggest going to surviving antidepressants site to acquire information from the folks that know it.

I have posted this before, but I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and my doctor prescribed Lyrica, which I refused as a few friends of mine with Fibro were not reacting well to Lyrica.  I believe that during my forty years of Valium usage, that each time I came off it CT that I would have withdrawal symptoms which the doctors would say is Fibro and they would give me a choice of Valium, Prozac and later Lyrica and even later Cymbalta.  Basically I was in Benzo withdrawal and didn't have Fibro, that is my thinking.......

• 1 month later...