Fear of sleep

[Me...]

How do I stop fearing sleep? I have panic attacks all night due to this awful anxiety, especially when my body is revved up and won’t let me sleep. I find myself dreading sleep and making sleep impossible as I just lay there shaking all night, scared I’ll wake up with another panic attack. Is this part of withdrawal? I feel like I’m losing the battle. I’m so depressed and hopeless inside. I feel like I’ve scared myself into not sleeping. Will this get better as the anxiety gets better?

Fear of fear....so frustrating and exhausting. I am sorry.

I want you to think back when you first ct'd years ago....it was rough but you got through. What helped you then?

I want to remind you that it will eventually go...sleep does return. chemicals do eventually level out again.

I remember waking often in the night with this(panic) in tolerance - a nightmare for sure.

I remember one day realizing I needed to not give a crap if I woke with a panic attack....realize I will go back to sleep or I won't. I would somehow function the next day even if I felt like absolute crap. I started a bedtime routine..no electronics, low light, yoga stretches, lavender oil on my pillow. repeated calming mantras to myself or a spiritual reading. Laid down. If I woke I got into the automatic habit of doing the 4-7-8 breathing to calm me down..again a mantra" you are safe..you are healing".

How long has it been since you had a reaction to the supplements..your sig doesn't say. It may be helpful if you are willing to put it in your signature:)

Trina, I’m so comforted and happy that you made it through this. I think I’ve conditioned myself to panic even if my brain would actually let me sleep. I get tense as soon as I lay down and have mini panic attacks when I realize myself that I’m going to sleep. It’s maddening and frustrating and I can’t seem to stop. I’m scared that I permanently caused this fear... I can’t seem to not care. Did you go through this, too?