My no symptom taper

[CC...]

1. Dry or liquid micro taper.

2. Self inject 25 to 50mgs of NAD every day during the taper. All withdrawals stop existing.  Compounding online pharmacies have NAD+ for 150 per 1000mg. NAD clinics charge 1k per 1000mg. It's very easy to do this at home.

3. Optional NAD+ patches, NAD SQ, IM injections. Oral NMN sublingual with TMG.

Hello CCabbot,

I've moved your post from the taper boards to Chewing the Fat because I feel it may be a discussion which might interest members since you're not asking for taper advice.

I'm sure our members would appreciate hearing more about how you came to the decision to try this treatment at home, what evidence you used and documents you relied on to take this bold step.

Please help us understand how you got here and thank you for sharing your journey.

Pamster

NAD+ Is used for neurogenesis, powers mitochondria, powers stem cells, helps fold proteins, and is a powerful anti-aging molecule. I choose daily low dose because it seems better to me than spending 10k at a clinic to infuse 1000mg over 6 hrs.  The daily low dose will build up in our bodies just as well as clinics high dose. It will just take longer.    https://genetics.med.harvard.edu/sinclair/research.php

Pam my story is similar to yours.  benzo, And on and off Ambien for 2 years. Started at 0.25 went up to. 0.5mg Clonazepam now I'm down to 0.17. I will jump off at 0.06 in 2 more months. NAD makes this a breeze.  Adding NAD put me over 6 hrs of sleep each day. Without NAD I don't pass 4hrs on this taper

• 1 year later...

Hi CCabbot! Since I am interested in NAD+ for some time, your approach is very intriguing. Few questions:

2. Self inject 25 to 50mgs of NAD every day during the taper. All withdrawals stop existing.  Compounding online pharmacies have NAD+ for 150 per 1000mg. NAD clinics charge 1k per 1000mg. It's very easy to do this at home.

[*]You mean self inject IV or IM?

[*]Do you get it in liquid vials or powder or what is the injection procedure? Is it stable at room temperature or must be stored in the fridge? In which form should I ask the pharmacy to prepare it?

[*]I don`t know where you are from, but if you know please recommend some online pharmacies in Europe that are reliable and make good quality NAD+ for self injection.

[*]When you take NAD+ directly that way do you also need to supplement with trimethylglycine like when using precursors?

3. Optional NAD+ patches, NAD SQ, IM injections. Oral NMN sublingual with TMG.

Do you know how all these other approaches that you mentioned compare with IV regarding bioavailability/effectiveness? I have read that tablets for example are so minimally effective and that if you want any real results especially when you are withdrawing from drugs/meds you need an IV. Example:

Luket28 - There are precursers to NAD and things that are similar but one thing I learnt for sure is that they are almost useless compared to NAD IV. Even the pure nad capsules that get made up in a compound pharmacy by my clinic are a fraction of the IV. My doctor even admitted that. He said that some people who arent in withdrawal or sick with anything feel some benefit from them and get some good energy but NAD actually degrades quickly over time so they need to be kept in a fridge but still go down hill fast. ...

You sound knowledgeable about this, I believe fellow BB would also appreciate if you can provide some answers. Thank you very much.