Eye issues vision problems

[Co...]

Looking for others to share there story on how vision was for them..  I know it's fairly common...

Mine are dry eye, red eyes, light sensitive, black specs, sparkles, blurry,. Seems like things are moving when they aren't but the worst is like everything not being dimensionally correct or less dimensional it's very hard to explain ..had anyone had this when did it go away..anything that helps?

Blurry, smeary, strobing, flashes of white and blue, sore, burning.

For me everything looks too 3D. IPad screen looks really deep, ppl look like coming out of TV etc.

Things looking flat can be DR I believe.

I had severe light sensitivity (I had to wear sunglasses indoors with all the blinds closed!) and it felt like my eyeballs were "vibrating" which made it difficult to read. The light sensitivity has completely gone away … and I only get the vibrating eyeballs when my symptoms flare. Another thing I noticed is that at night, I see starburst haloes around lights (streetlights, headlights, etc.) -- I still have this symptom.

Thanks.. how far into ct did vision stuff get better for u?

It's hard to remember. The light sensitivity went away fairly quickly … I think this was the worst when I was actually still taking Ativan bc I was having interdose withdrawal.

I think I probably had the vibrating eyeballs for about 2-3 months after CT.  And I still see haloes arounds lights at night (this isn't really bothersome to me but I know it isn't normal and it's a reminder that I'm not yet completely recovered.)

Thanks for responding to my post, I really appreciate it. I look forward to hearing more stories to see if anyone has similar issues as me as well.

Did you have a lot of floaters too Restoration?

Have they improved?

Glad the sensitivity has improved. That is good news.

Yes but I had a lot floaters (little squiggly lines when I look at the sky) before BWD. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed what looked like black spots in the corner of my vision. I was concerned that maybe it was a retinal tear (my eye doc told me a while back that my retinas look a little thin). So I went to the eye doc to get checked out, and he said everything looked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I have trouble with vision. Often I experience blurred vision and light sensitivity. Also, I notice that when stress level increases I get a lot of pressure in my eyes. It's painful. It will turn into a migraine if I don't do something to de stress.

Yeah, I had bad blurry vision, floaters, and really tired, dry, sore eyes.

Definitely had the light sensitivity as well.

It was 2-3 months for me.

Then it was like I could see crystal clear and better than ever!

I took Klonopin for 5 years, was crushing it and snorting it while drinking and smoking weed on it for at least a year.. when I was on probation. And when I hit tolerance withdrawal near the end is when when my vision really started to go. I noticed it playing video games that things were getting blurry and thought that it was just that I was staring at a screen too long. After the cold-turkey, my distorted vision has been one of my more troublesome symptoms as it enhances the DR effect. At 2 years out, it's one of the last symptoms I still deal with but know that it will heal in time as it continuously improves. For me, I can use it as a gauge for the severity of the wave I'm in.

I have blurred vision/inability to focus on objects, make yourself go cross-eyed for a moment, this is what vision will do involuntarily sometimes. I have blue flashes in my peripheral sometimes as well and although the light sensitivity has subsided, it can come back sometimes but nothing like what it was in the beginning. Also the other night I had a very strange new symptom where I woke up in the middle of the night and my vision was like a strobe light, in that everything was flashing white and black rapidly but it wore off in about 30-45 seconds. Definitely scary though. I've been dealing with Cold/Corona like symptoms though, I was having night sweats and fever so my body was in heal mode.

• 2 months later...
I noticed I got blurry vision after eating carbs. I was a gestational diabetic(only had blood sugar issues when I was pregnant, went away right after my son was born)so I had a glucose monitor on hand. Once all I ate was a hamburger only 60g of carbs and sugars total, vision got so blurry I almost fell out. When I checked my blood sugar it was 300. Someone without diabetes would have a blood sugar if less than 140. I got put on a continuous glucose monitor and have been watching my carb and sugar intake and now i get the blurry vision ALOT less frequently. Not saying that’s what is causing it with everyone on here. But that was a big cause for mine. Now my blood sugars only spike when I get big waves.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for others to share there story on how vision was for them..  I know it's fairly common...

Mine are dry eye, red eyes, light sensitive, black specs, sparkles, blurry,. Seems like things are moving when they aren't but the worst is like everything not being dimensionally correct or less dimensional it's very hard to explain ..had anyone had this when did it go away..anything that helps?

I had light sensitivity, blurry vision, I had not great eyesight before Benzo’s & my vision has deteriorated but I’m not sure if this is just me getting older.  I’ve had hallucinations also.  It gets better - you are doing well.  Hang on, you will heal.

My vision experience is this old time fuzzy tv screen when it goes out of focus. The only difference is there's no frying sound that goes with it like in the old days. This normally occurs when I first wake up. It slowly goes away as my morning dread leaves. Also I've seen floaters and have light sensitivity when in a wave. I've also had morning dry eyes.

For those that experienced light sensitivity, how long does it last? Driving during the day is terrible for me because the sun is too bright for most hours, and at night, the headlights on the other side of the road seem to send shocks through my brain.  Does this ever go away?? Today makes 5 months off valium for me. :-/

For those that experienced light sensitivity, how long does it last? Driving during the day is terrible for me because the sun is too bright for most hours, and at night, the headlights on the other side of the road seem to send shocks through my brain.  Does this ever go away?? Today makes 5 months off valium for me. :-/

Yes it definitely hoes away. The light sensitivity fir me varied in severity. When I got sick with a virus a few months ago (not COVID) & it came back fot a while but went away again,  hang in there - you’re doing well, you’re healing & one say you’ll be 100% healed. Keep going.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing visual disturbances as these can be extremely distressing. This was one of my worst symptoms when I was going through withdrawal. It’s very hard to describe what it was like but I’ll give it a try. I couldn’t really ever focus on anything; everything seemed either to close or too far away. Nothing looked real, the world looked fake, kind of like an old black and white bad movie. I felt like I was looking at the world through wavy plexiglass. Everything was very detached.  It was probably close to a year by the time I started to notice very slight improvement. I am now five years post withdrawal and doing great. The vision problems are long gone.  Just hang in there and be kind to yourself. It will eventually get better.

Be sure to lubricate if you have dry eye. Natural drops are the best. There are several brands, but I use Refresh and in the individual little plastic holders.

I did have problems with dry eye, and my lids began to stick to the surface of my eye. This caused abrasions which are very painful.

Ultimately the eye doctor did surgery on my eye (just the worst one) which involved taking a knife instrument and scraping off the top layer of cells so that the surface could heal back over smoothly. I can only say that this was scary and very painful.

My eyes are much better now off benzos - both the one that had surgery and the one that did not. I am careful with drops now and use them any time that I notice my eyes bothering me.

I'm guessing that most people do not end up with eyes so dry that they rough up the surface at night during sleep, but it can happen. It would definitely be worth using eye drops to avoid the surgery.

I have one eye always sore blood shot and smaller now than the other. Feels like there something in it.

I have the exact same thing. One is ALWAYS bloodshot and the other is normal

• 3 weeks later...
Light sensitivity has been a big issue for me since I started my taper. Thanks for the post. My left eye is particularly bad. I basically can't go outside in the sunlight. I have to wear dark glasses with side clips on the lens to shield my eyes, and a sunhat. At the moment my left eye is weeping, feels like something is stuck in it and as though my eyeball is bruised. I spend a lot of time in dark room with curtains closed. This is so opposite to the person I used to be. I so hope it will pass. For all of us. Thanks again for post. Btw, today my eye was so bad I resorted to wearing an eye patch to shield it from all light, even while I'm staying inside (it's summer here in nz).  It just feels so sore a lot of the time.  I have lots if business and floating in front if my eyes too.