Severly Kindled - Have you recovered?

[Da...]

I have CT'd from GABAergics 3 times before(short term diazapam, GHB and pregablin) and overdosed/binged on 30-50mg of etizolam 3 times with no tapering or tolerance. The first two etizolam ODs produced no withdrawals, where as the last one 30 days ago caused me to wake up 1 -2 hours too early every day since then. As a result I have been kindled significantly.

10 days ago I took 2mg of etizolam and since then I've had no more than 3 hours of sleep and a BPM near 100 all the time. I suffer from little anxiety symptoms, just terrible sleep and over sensitivity. I have never experienced anything resembling this.

I've also read that kindling involves permanent receptor uncoupling and glutamate sensitisation. I know my sleep will improve, but what are the odds of having permanent sleeping problems/over sensitivity due to kindling?

Does anyone have similar experiences where they have kindled from 3+ CT's, recovered, and then taken a tiny dose of something only to experience severe WD? I've heard that recovered people can drink a glass of wine and experience severe WD's for months afterwards.

Comment from Reddit describing the same thing that has happened to me:

"This is so true. Got hooked and kicked opiates a few times then progressed to benzos, repeat and rinse. Now if I even do one or the other once, I don't necessarily go through WD but it screws up my sleep so bad that it takes a few months till I'm back to getting more then 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night."

Modify message

Sounds like you've been lucky getting away with it. Not sure about your question, but if I was you I'd stop messing around with these drugs. I CT'd a few times with little to no withdrawal then this last time has been an absolute nightmare. If it's just your sleep that's been affected I'd count yourself lucky again and stop before you get yourself in real trouble

Read through this forum...there are answers to all of your questions.  Sleep gets affected for many.  It was my worst symptom.  3 hours is actually very good...I had 70 zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep over 10 months and lots and lots of 1 or 2 hour nights. 

I would stop messing with "rat poison" as that is all Benzos are.

• 1 month later...

There is no proof kindling even exists.  I kind of doubt it does. We benzo people tend to want to identify any cause of our misery, so we look for things like this. Its sort of like "being floxxed." No proof on that one either.

I wouldnt werry about this. Focus on youre current state and how you are feeling today. Learn to be more positive and maybe less cerebral. Focus on what is good in your life, not what is wrong with it. Every day you dont take a benzo is a good day. And you will heal from them in time.

east

There is no proof kindling even exists.  I kind of doubt it does. We benzo people tend to want to identify any cause of our misery, so we look for things like this. Its sort of like "being floxxed." No proof on that one either.

I wouldnt werry about this. Focus on youre current state and how you are feeling today. Learn to be more positive and maybe less cerebral. Focus on what is good in your life, not what is wrong with it. Every day you dont take a benzo is a good day. And you will heal from them in time.

east

Kindling is real, I’m experiencing it by myself, each withdrawal is worse I’m kindled 10 times and I can tell that every time I did it it was worse than previous time. Now my brain is fried.

Pregablin does affect gaba just like gabapentin

It is not gabanergic it inhibits calcium channels. If it has GABA in a name it doesn’t mean that it works on GABA.

Pregabalin is a gabapentinoid and acts by inhibiting certain calcium channels.[17][18] Specifically it is a ligand of the auxiliary α2δ subunit site of certain voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCCs), and thereby acts as an inhibitor of α2δ subunit-containing VDCCs.[17][62] There are two drug-binding α2δ subunits, α2δ-1 and α2δ-2, and pregabalin shows similar affinity for (and hence lack of selectivity between) these two sites.[17] Pregabalin is selective in its binding to the α2δ VDCC subunit.[62][63] Despite the fact that pregabalin is a GABA analogue,[64] it does not bind to the GABA receptors, does not convert into GABA or another GABA receptor agonist in vivo, and does not directly modulate GABA transport or metabolism.[

Kindling is real, I’m experiencing it by myself, each withdrawal is worse I’m kindled 10 times and I can tell that every time I did it it was worse than previous time. Now my brain is fried.

Kindling is very real. I used to be able to quit benzos cold-turkey after months of use with little to no withdrawals. And now, after only two days of rescue doses, horrible withdrawals!

• 2 weeks later...

Pregablin does affect gaba just like gabapentin

It is not gabanergic it inhibits calcium channels. If it has GABA in a name it doesn’t mean that it works on GABA.

Pregabalin is a gabapentinoid and acts by inhibiting certain calcium channels.[17][18] Specifically it is a ligand of the auxiliary α2δ subunit site of certain voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCCs), and thereby acts as an inhibitor of α2δ subunit-containing VDCCs.[17][62] There are two drug-binding α2δ subunits, α2δ-1 and α2δ-2, and pregabalin shows similar affinity for (and hence lack of selectivity between) these two sites.[17] Pregabalin is selective in its binding to the α2δ VDCC subunit.[62][63] Despite the fact that pregabalin is a GABA analogue,[64] it does not bind to the GABA receptors, does not convert into GABA or another GABA receptor agonist in vivo, and does not directly modulate GABA transport or metabolism.[

Gabapentom did a horrible job on me when I tried it during withdrawal.

Caused same horrific reaction benzo now does - head fizzing, sweating, muscle weakness, strobing and flashing lights in eyes, etc