Around 6 to 12 months group.

[Be...]

I’m at 11 months here. Just wondering did anyone experience Dizziness later in their wd, not during acute!

Which other symptoms do you have?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ga...]

• [le...]

• [Be...]

Now at six and a half months, and am in a bad wave.  A week or so ago morning headaches had lessened after sleeping a restful seven hours.  Back to waking up at four a.m., with terrible headache.  Do these awful headaches ever ever go away???  I can live with less sleep and other minor symptoms, but these headaches prevent me from having any quality of life.  It is not like a normal headache, but more of a burning, pounding, strange sensations type of head pain.  Hope everyone will have a pain free day :smitten: :smitten:

Now at six and a half months, and am in a bad wave.  A week or so ago morning headaches had lessened after sleeping a restful seven hours.  Back to waking up at four a.m., with terrible headache.  Do these awful headaches ever ever go away???  I can live with less sleep and other minor symptoms, but these headaches prevent me from having any quality of life.  It is not like a normal headache, but more of a burning, pounding, strange sensations type of head pain.  Hope everyone will have a pain free day :smitten: :smitten:

Headaches used to plague me as well. But like all other symptoms they fall off like leaves from trees.

How long did you suffer with headaches and at what point did they cease and desist.

During my taper and also around month 3.They are pretty common. Do you get chemical fear.?

No chemical fear.  I mainly suffer with the headaches, a little anxiety in the morning, and some minor muscle pain.  If the headaches would go bye bye, I would be one happy camper.  How about you.

No chemical fear.  I mainly suffer with the headaches, a little anxiety in the morning, and some minor muscle pain.  If the headaches would go bye bye, I would be one happy camper.  How about you.

The headaches will.Stay mightily hydrated and also do some exercise for blood supply.

You are a very wise man...thank you.  I do drink about 64 oz water a day, but need to move for sure.  Take care and continued good healing :smitten:

Ok I have a question..I feel like I've read every possible thing on this site, but I want to throw this out there...

My sleep has returned (thank God) and I will get vivid dreams which my brain still perceives as stressful so it does wake me at times.

But what I really hate is the nightmares! They only show up in a wave now (whereas I had them constantly in tolerance).

Do you guys still get these? I'm talking horror flick kind of nightmares. I feel like if these would just go away the mornings would be more bearable...ugh.

I'm putting it here bc I fit in this group as I just started my 8th month. I guess I'm just looking for consolation bc last was out of this world!

Thanks guys... :smitten:

I have some strange dreams from time to time, but, thankfully, no nightmares.  I have read on different forums that this is quite common.  Hope your nightmares are replaced with sweet dreams sooner than later :smitten:

Ok I have a question..I feel like I've read every possible thing on this site, but I want to throw this out there...

My sleep has returned (thank God) and I will get vivid dreams which my brain still perceives as stressful so it does wake me at times.

But what I really hate is the nightmares! They only show up in a wave now (whereas I had them constantly in tolerance).

Do you guys still get these? I'm talking horror flick kind of nightmares. I feel like if these would just go away the mornings would be more bearable...ugh.

I'm putting it here bc I fit in this group as I just started my 8th month. I guess I'm just looking for consolation bc last was out of this world!

Trina I guess whenever your cortisol levels are a bit elevated and stress hormones released. The only way the body can notify you when asleep either by nightmares or waking up drenched in sweat.

When your blood sugar gets low you dream while crying and going through motions.

Trina I guess whenever your cortisol levels are a bit elevated and stress hormones released. The only way the body can notify you when asleep either by nightmares or waking up drenched in sweat.

When your blood sugar gets low you dream while crying and going through motions.

Ok that makes sense..I don't have the 5am cortisol surge anymore(omg it used to be sooo bad), but I when I have the nightmares its always around 5am....

So does anything help with this other than time? So jealous of the people who have no nightmares ever!

Thanks Bexlan!

Ok that makes sense..I don't have the 5am cortisol surge anymore(omg it used to be sooo bad), but I when I have the nightmares its always around 5am....

So does anything help with this other than time? So jealous of the people who have no nightmares ever!

Thanks Bexlan!

Trina I guess it just all about balancing blood sugars.When sugars get correct it will dissipate. I would advise protein snacking.

Bexlan

Hi Bexlan.  Reaching out this morning as I am on my seventh, nonstop burning headache day :'(.  How long did you suffer with headaches and how did you cope?  I have tried Tylenol, but not much relief.  My other symptoms are negligible, so I keep hoping these headaches will let up, and I can continue on my recovery.  I had several days in mid-September when I had no headaches and felt pretty darn good.  I just marked my 6 1/2 month Valium withdrawal anniversary this past Saturday. Any encouragement would be welcomed with open arms.  May your day be blessed :smitten:

Hi Bexlan.  Reaching out this morning as I am on my seventh, nonstop burning headache day :'(.  How long did you suffer with headaches and how did you cope?  I have tried Tylenol, but not much relief.  My other symptoms are negligible, so I keep hoping these headaches will let up, and I can continue on my recovery.  I had several days in mid-September when I had no headaches and felt pretty darn good.  I just marked my 6 1/2 month Valium withdrawal anniversary this past Saturday. Any encouragement would be welcomed with open arms.  May your day be blessed :smitten:

So bad that you are suffering like that.Have you tried any lifestyle changes to increase the blood flow to the brain.

Like any other withdrawal symptoms,the headaches get easier and disappear .

Hi Bexlan.  These headaches are my worst symptom, along with some minor GI issues and benzo flu once in a while.  What is confusing is that in mid-September I had a string of five days with no headaches and felt really well.  And when I did have headaches through September and until now in they would come and go, giving me some good relief in the evenings.  Now I wake up with them and they last until about 7 p.m.  When I am not in serious pain, I walk and ride a stationary bike for exercise.  I had a brain scan a couple of months ago, and I was told I had a very  healthy brain for a 73 year old!!!!!  What is making my head burn, ache and feel like a worm is crawling in it :tickedoff:

Hi Bexlan.  These headaches are my worst symptom, along with some minor GI issues and benzo flu once in a while.  What is confusing is that in mid-September I had a string of five days with no headaches and felt really well.  And when I did have headaches through September and until now in they would come and go, giving me some good relief in the evenings.  Now I wake up with them and they last until about 7 p.m.  When I am not in serious pain, I walk and ride a stationary bike for exercise.  I had a brain scan a couple of months ago, and I was told I had a very  healthy brain for a 73 year old!!!!!  What is making my head burn, ache and feel like a worm is crawling in it :tickedoff:

That is all withdrawal. You just have to accept some symptoms and believe they shall go with time.

• 3 weeks later...
[f7...]
I'm 9 months out I've seen improvement but currently dealing with tingling, vibration, occasionally burning brain. Different parts of my head. I can feel it when I sleep at times. Can't wait til this is over and I no longer have these symptoms. I know time is the only healer.

• 2 months later...
Hello again!  I am now at 9.75 months and have been having more and longer windows.  Just had two weeks free from benzo flu and horrible, brain burning headaches. Now for the last six days, my burning brain headaches have returned with a vengeance.  Nothing helps, so feeling pretty down.  I was shopping, wrapping, decorating and baking through the holidays, so really thought I was getting to the goal post  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:.  Why oh why does it take so long to get rid of the head pain.  I would be pretty much healed if it weren’t for the head symptoms.  How is everyone else doing??????

Hi all six months out and sleep is still very difficult . Wish for just one night of more than 4 hrs , hope it comes soon . A little wave here and there but nothing like before . Wishing everyone healing .

Lisa

Hi everyone,

I’m almost 12 months since I jumped.  I have had a couple of 3 - 4 windows lately but on the last one got way to cocky & are lots of the wrong foods - whoops.  Now I’m a wave. 

Question - how long is it until you are protracted? Is it 2 years? I’m hoping this withdrawal will be vanished soon.  I have to be vigilant with my (very boring) diet until then.

Thanks so much

9 monthes out since i dropped xanax. feeling weakness on left side of the body from head to toe. is it withdrawal ? please give some reassurance.