Anyone got bad insomnia after a long reneron taper? Please!

[e8...]

[e8...]

Anyone got bad insomnia after a long remeron-mirtazapine taper?

Mine lasted 26 months, now I'm two months of.

Yes I am a little obsessed about this...I know!

Please reassure me! I need support!

What do you consider "bad insomnia?"

When I was in the "thick" of my WD I thought an hour or 2 was great.

And I was hoping for consecutive nights of at least "some" sleep, like an hour or 2.

It's all perspective.  Some people think anything less than 8 hours is a disaster.

I was one of those people.  I thought I needed 8 hours per night or else....

That's not true.  You can survive and thrive on much less

I now average about 6 or 7 hours per night and do very, very well on that amount of sleep

Sleep takes a long time to even out for most.  Ashton says 6-12 months.  Some take longer, some take less time

I was obsessed about every little "change" I noticed.  Being OCD about symptoms and sleep is actually a WD symptom

Remeron is an AD and can have it's own WD and symptoms including poor sleep.  I took Remeron for almost 2 months along with the Benzos and it didn't help get any more sleep.

It will even out over time.  Hang in there, it slowly gets better.

[e8...]

Yes I am obsessing you are so right.

I am in the solution mode all day. Trying to live my life like others. I know this is not what I should be doing in order to heal and calm my nervous system.

I just want to be able to work and have the courage to keep going and stop thinking about insomnia.

I spend too much time here feeding my fear beast thinking I am calming it!

I use to have akathesia and other scary symptoms. I stopped working completely for 18 months...I am still devastated by that, emotionnaly.

And insomnia use to be a challenge during my life. But I felt like this was my real sleep and not withdrawal sleep. And like I had control....

I have been taking stuff for the last decade including almost 3 years of tapering. 3 years lexapro on and of yes after my parents illness and death..  the kindling effect. Then withdrawal from lexapro, klonopin to the rescue for 3 years as needed. Soooooo stupid of me!!!

My beautiful brain is healing. I can feel it.

Maybe it's withdrawal, with menopause, I will be 50 in a few days, with stress with going back to work.

Just venting.......I will look back someday on my thread and will think that Mary wasn't sobmerry.

I wish I had courage and grace like MtFan and Aloha...and you! I do but the long road ahead of me is scary and seems so long.

Learning how to sleep. Doing everything right before bed. Crossing my fingers praying. Saying beautiful mantras to myself. Feeling that I have to find the way. Reading about others stories feeling hope and hopeless. But more hope!

And life is full of surprises.

My brother was prescribed zopiclone during Covid. Just hoped he talked to me before...Now he is on withdrawal sleeping reversed sleep cycle mode. My heart is broken he feels is life is ruined. I am trying to support him!

This is not helping my recovery.

So this is my story, it will unfold like it will. Just hope to be a success story someday!

Thank you for taking the Time!

You are welcome and this forum is a great place to vent.

Believe me I did plenty of venting and ranting and raving about insomnia.

I even posted a few times that I thought I had "fatal insomnia."  :idiot:

You should express yourself however it will help you the most.

Don't worry about obsessing.  It's OK.  We all have been there and done that!

You'll be able to work again one day soon.  You'll also enjoy life again.  I promise!

Your healing and recovery journey will take time and will be unique to you.

But you WILL heal and you WILL recover.  Maybe not 100% right away, but eventually you'll heal enough to enjoy life and live it well!

Your sleep WILL even out over time, but will most likely hit "pot holes" along the way to getting it back more consistently.

You WILL write a success story one day too.  I never thought I would and it will be 3 years in November since I wrote mine!

You are doing great!  You WILL survive, you WILL get past this!  :thumbsup: