Klonopin dry taper please need help

[As...]

Hello I need help tapering off klonopin. I tried liquid taper and have made a mess of myself -too little or too much dose. I read on here the dry taper is better way to go so I bought mg  scale.

Current prescription dose 1.5mg a day but have been taking 1.5 -2mg but don’t know if doc would up my script.

Been taking for 3 years

Please if anyone can tell me how to do this I would be so grateful.

I am older and lately been having bad memory and concentration problems. I thought I could do this on my own but I can’t think clear right now.

Thank you so much

I'm doing a liquid taper from the link below, but you can read up on the dry taper.  The information in this link has worked well for me.  I'm 71 and truthfully, I, too, needed something that basically figured it all for me.  This does after one enters the parameters.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Are you stable at 1.5mg? I was doing similar with my klonopin for awhile prescribed 3mg but ended up taking 3.5-4 for quite a while. I made myself just stay at 3mg just to try and get stable. After that I would say to talk with the doc about it and see what they say, or follow the Ashton manual by cutting 10% every few weeks I think is what it is.

God bless

I am not stable yet ipod so I am going to hold at 1.5mg if I can. I made appointment with doctor as you suggested for next week. I am just worried he will want me to come off too fast. I am 60 CAgirl so I thought the memory problems was due to age but getting way worse lately and even have had a couple of blackouts without any other drugs—just a crazy amount of anxiety I think partly because I have decided to get off Benzo’s. I value and appreciate your  input— it helps!

I am not stable yet ipod so I am going to hold at 1.5mg if I can. I made appointment with doctor as you suggested for next week. I am just worried he will want me to come off too fast. I am 60 CAgirl so I thought the memory problems was due to age but getting way worse lately and even have had a couple of blackouts without any other drugs—just a crazy amount of anxiety I think partly because I have decided to get off Benzo’s. I value and appreciate your  input— it helps!

I tapered at age 61 and had horrible memory and cognitive issues for awhile. That was 8 years ago and although there has been a ton of improvement, there are still age related memory issues. But they are consistent with what my same-age friends and acquaintances have.

I’m 31 and it causes memory issues for me too! You can do it. I know it’s scary, I’m scared too. But it can be done. If he wants to go too fast just tell him you’re not comfortable with that yet or something. I’m not sure. I know it’s hard but you can do it  :thumbsup:

God bless